Work-based learning programme agreement Regulations

Front Page Looking For… Post-school Education & Training – including TVET Work-based learning programme agreement Regulations

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

From 1 April 2019, there will be a new agreement to be completed for all forms of work-based programmes.
    The definition of programmes is now widened to include much more than learnership, apprenticeship, and skills programme. There will now also be: candidacy and internship – details of forms of these two types are included, to take account of students and graduates.

A key focus remains scarce and critical skills – and according to the previous posting – see the National Skills Development Plan (NSDP) – occupations and qualifications related to hard to fill vacancies will be important.

A point for training providers/skills development providers, confirms again that all applications for legacy qualification accredition must be done through the QCTO.

There are procedures for disputes – depending upon type – to the CCMA, or to the SETA, and if unresolved at the SETA – to the QCTO.

The Learnership Regulations, 2007 published in Government Notice R 519 in Government Gazette No. 30010 dated 29 June 2007 are repealed.

Please read attached regulations, which include the agreement, and forms.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alcon Dube APR
    Participant

Thank you very much Sylvia, keep it up.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Alcon – I must thank Maryna Ritter from ASDSA Weestern Cape for jogging my memory.
      Regards

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Once again you are on the ball. thank you for the reminders.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Des – some quite substantial changes -2019 will be a key skills development year.

Share on Social Media

Louis Nel
    Participant

Dear Colleagues

I am experiencing difficulty interpreting this document and I hope someone can clarify this for me. Below I have a few questions

1. If I have permanently employed staff and I enroll them on a Skills programme which the company will fund, should this documentation be completed and why?
    2. If the answer to the above question is yes, and the SETA does not register the learner due to any number of reasons, should the learner be removed from the programme as per point 6.4 in the document, or is this only applicable to learners who were employed for just the period of the training?I can not think that this applies to permanently appointed staff as a SETA can not advise what a company should train if the programme is funded by the company.
    3. Would one have to keep logbooks for the workplace component for this agreement as it is actually not a requirement for Skills programmes?
    4. Will their be tax benefits in terms of the salary paid to the person while being employed for the duration of the training?

I might have the cat by the tail with my interpretation and assumptions.

Kind regard,

Share on Social Media

Maphuthi Sekwaila
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Louis thank you for your posting – at a Foodbev workshop that I attended they said that they need the documentation even if the company is paying. I am still not entirely sure why – other than for statistical purposes.

At Services workshop I do not recall whether it was raised – mayb someone else could respond.

Share on Social Media

Louis Nel
    Participant

Thanks Sylvia

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Louis,
    I have just remembered about the latest document from dti, where the SETAs need to report on training to dti. I interpreted it as dti needing to verify against what is being submitted for B-BBEE purposes.

Also there is the question from EE point of who is being trained.

DHET = training and education – PSET
    DoL = EE empowering within workplace via training and education previously disadvantaged persons
    dti = B-BBEE – empowerment within the economy ito ownership and control.

Lots of dots – I am not sure that I/we can always join them up.

Share on Social Media

Lettie S Mabena
    Participant

Thanks Silvia this is very informative.

Share on Social Media

Louis Nel
    Participant

Dear Colleagues

I requested clarification from the SSETA last week with regards to the Work-based learning programme agreement Regulations.
    They have provided me with the SERVICES SETA GUIDE FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVERNMENT GAZETTE NO. 42037 – WORKPLACE BASED LEARNING PROGRAMME AGREEMENT REGULATION.

I have attached the document. Hope this helps

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Good morning Louis – thank you so much – extremely valuable document

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media