Why we will no longer accept discussions containing personal telephone numbers

Front Page Looking For… The Help Desk Why we will no longer accept discussions containing personal telephone numbers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Janelle Gravett 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Important notice to all skills-universe members

As Portal Publishing management we take the security of your personal information seriously.  

So I hope that you will understand when I say I will no longer accept any discussions that contain personal telephone numbers.

I’m not sure about elsewhere in our galaxy – or even points further out – but I know for sure that if you post your personal telephone number on our site that every one on this planet can see it.  That means even without the fancy spy software that so many countries employ, people who wish you harm can access your personal telephone number – to contact you – send you spam – whatever!

So I am no longer going to waste time sending you personal messages, I will simply delete the discussion.

We suggest that if you want to disclose contact details to other members, you ask them to invite you as a friend on the site.  That way you will be able to use the Inbox.

Share on Social Media

Thank you Sylvia

Share on Social Media

DK Teyim
    Participant

That is true Sylvia. Supported. Thank you

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia!

Share on Social Media

Hannes Nel
    Participant

Perfectly understandable. Hannes

Share on Social Media

Janelle Gravett
    Participant

thank you for looking out for us!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media