What is an assessor

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi there.

Thank you for the article Des. I am currently 2 years into the Training Provider Accreditation process. 2 weeks ago I received feedback from a private organization with results on my accreditation P.O.E, they required me to resend my assessors and moderators registration docs as they stated my assessors and moderators were not registered for the qualification I am applying for, however, they are both registered for a level higher of the same qualification. My understanding was that if as an assessor you are registered for Business Administration NQF 3, you are allowed to assess for the same qualification on the levels below? Is this not the case?
    I am trying to get feedback from this company, but they do not respond to my emails, or answer their phones.
    This is such a challenging process, and trying to find new assessors and moderators on such short notice has been equally as challenging, as they are weary of organizations just using them to obtain accreditation, not realizing that I intend to work with them once we have been accredited.
    Anyway, if anyone could help with my above query, that would be great!

Kate Sani
    Participant

Hi Ali. It is correct that you may assess / moderate for the same qualification on the levels below. However, this is not automatic – when you apply to the SETA for registration, you must state in your application that you are applying for the qualification for all 3 levels. If you only requested registration for level 4 for example, you would not automatically be awarded registration for the Levels 3 + 2 & therefore would not be allowed to assess/moderate Level 3 & 2. 

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “What is an assessor

• Christopher Sharpe

Thanks for an interesting post. However there is a strong cognitive element to behaviour modelling illustrated by Greg Smith in that he made a conscious decision not to align himself with a culture conflicting with his own.

A typical conscious rationale of people is “if he/she does xyz why shouldn’t I?” This is especially so of authority relationships, but not exclusively. For example, I have heard people say “if taxi drivers get away with it I’ll drive the same way.” Get away with what, murder? Why on earth would any self respecting individual want to model their road behaviour on taxi driver? This does not bode well for their behaviours in other contexts!

It seems the world’s problems stem from a crisis of leadership. Most people expect to be led, yet there seems to be a serious lack of real moral fibre in the individuals occupying leadership positions, be they in government, commerce or anywhere else. It takes courage to leave the tribe in the way that Greg Smith did, hats off to him.

Comments are closed.