What is an assessor

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thank you so much…I am following the conversation.

Pumla Ngwenya
    Participant

Hi Des,

Just a question. Does registration as an Assessor with ETDP SETA expire? I know that with constituent Assessor one must renew. I’m asking because service seta granted me constituent Assessor registration for 6 months only and yet my friend they gave her two years. So I’m not sure what the problem is.

Hi Pumla

I’m not Des, but can provide input to your question. Yes Registrations with SETAs expire and need  renewal when the period granted is about to expire. This includes if you are also a ETDP Registered Assessor.

There could be reason/s why you were granted 6 months, check with Services SETA, maybe the life span of the qualification or unit standard you applied to assess expires in 6 months.  There could be other reasons though.

Des Squire
    Participant

Yes, your registration as a constituent assessor would have an expiry date and would have to be renewed.

Des Squire
    Participant

Thank you Pumla. I could not access the site yesterday to respond

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “What is an assessor

• Christopher Sharpe

Thanks for an interesting post. However there is a strong cognitive element to behaviour modelling illustrated by Greg Smith in that he made a conscious decision not to align himself with a culture conflicting with his own.

A typical conscious rationale of people is “if he/she does xyz why shouldn’t I?” This is especially so of authority relationships, but not exclusively. For example, I have heard people say “if taxi drivers get away with it I’ll drive the same way.” Get away with what, murder? Why on earth would any self respecting individual want to model their road behaviour on taxi driver? This does not bode well for their behaviours in other contexts!

It seems the world’s problems stem from a crisis of leadership. Most people expect to be led, yet there seems to be a serious lack of real moral fibre in the individuals occupying leadership positions, be they in government, commerce or anywhere else. It takes courage to leave the tribe in the way that Greg Smith did, hats off to him.

Comments are closed.