When posting, please remember that you are wanting to create a business relationship - whether a contract or work relationship. Use your post to present a professional image of yourself & if relevant, your organisation. In addition to what you are looking for, provide your name, title, and contact details.
For all the busy SDFs out there - have you caught up with the amendments to the Taxation Laws Amendment Act? Act 16 of 2016 was signed into law and gazetted this month.
See attached full Gazette - and just to help you find the details you need, the English pages are as follows:
- page 2 explains the purposes and you will note the Skills Development Levies Act, Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act, and the Employment Tax Incentive.
- pages 38 - 42 give you the tax reductions that employers can claim for learners on Learnerships - until 1 April 2022,
- page 88 gives you the changes to Adult Education and Training and Continuing Education and training, and provision and publication of qualification and certification services,
- page 96 - amendment to the SDL may be included in the national budget. and the same for the UIF contribution,
- and pages 102 - 106 the Employment Tax Incentive has been extended until the 28 February 2019.
Then the Unemployment Insurance deduction applies to learners on Learnerships - who should have an employment contract for the duration of the Learnership. Gazette also attached.