Unlawful Use of Personal Credentials for Accreditation

Front Page Looking For… Vacancies & Seeking Practitioners for Contracts or Projects Unlawful Use of Personal Credentials for Accreditation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 4 months ago.

• Author

Thandile Meyiswa
    Participant

Good day all,

I need advise, please .

I have received 2 e-mails from Services SETA (Provider Use Alert) of a company called PRO SOUNDS MUSIQ (PTY) Ltd. I have not engaged with this company before and when I google them to get a number to call, it gets to a voicemail.

What process should I follow in this case?

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Dear Thandile
    Thank you for bringing this to light. I will send you a private message.
    sylvia

Share on Social Media

Innocent mashanga
    Participant

Yes these guys are crazy they used mine too.Please help

Share on Social Media

Sydney Mlilo
    Participant

Good day Sylvia. I’m currently faced with a similar. I will contact you privately.

Share on Social Media

Anita Jurgens
    Participant

Good morning Sylvia

I would appreciate if you could please advise me in this matter as well.
    As Services Seta only gives the name of the organisation it is difficult to trace them as many do not have websites.

Thanks.

Share on Social Media

Thandile Meyiswa
    Participant

Sylvia helped me trace the company and the matter is now resolved.

You must respond the matter to Services SETA- Accreditation department. Services SETA has written a formal communication to the other company to respond to the allegations and I am still awaiting their response.

Thank You so much

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you to everyone who responded, and a number of people contacted me privately.
    Just to make clear a few points clear:
    I manage the skills-universe, and so I am interested in protecting members.
    If a member has mis-used information, or sold material incorrectly, and I am told the member name and what they have done, I will delete them from our site. (Over the years I have deleted members.)
    I am not involved with the Setas or the QCTO, so if you have any suspicion that your details have been mis-used then you need to contact the Seta AQP or the QCTO directly.
    To trace members and companies, I have found Google very useful, Facebook and LinkedIn are also useful sources of information.
    If there is a company name, you can also use the company registration details. That is the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
    http://www.cipc.co.za.
    If you believe that there is criminal activity then you should report to SAPS to lay a charge.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media