UIF Deductions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zebilon Mmekwa 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Maphuthi Sekwaila
    Participant

Good Day All

Is the UIF deduction allowed for the learners on a Skills Programme (4 months) and learnership (12 months +)?
    How is it deductible? If a learner gets R2500 stipend, is the UIF inclusive or exclusive?

Thank you

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Maphuthi
    Thank you, I am so glad that you posted your questions. This raises a number of very important issues.
    UIF + UIF deductions + the word stipend
    I will share to everyone to get response.

Share on Social Media

Zebilon Mmekwa
    Participant

Good Day to All
    Coming to the question raised by Maphuti, “Is UIF deduction allowed….” and also the stipend, these are two different topics. I will gladly share my experience, although limited.

In accordance with the legislation, Sectoral Determination 5: Learnership, an employer may not make any deduction from learner’s remuneration or require a learner to repay any amount in respect of any material required for the purpose of the learnership.

Deductions are normally in the form of a collective and written agreement with the employee in accordance with section 34 of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997. Therefore, I’m not sure whether you are an employer or a service provider.

The stipend is a predetermined amount that is provided to help offset expenses and they are provided to those who are ineligible to receive a regular salary in exchange for the duties they perform. This is as far as I can contribute to the topic.
    Kind regards
    Zebilon Mmekwa

Share on Social Media
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Zebilon Mmekwa. Reason: Left concluding line out

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media