Front Page › Looking For… › Vacancies & Seeking Practitioners for Contracts or Projects › TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – Mining
16th Oct 2020 at 9:32 am #76505Hunter van HeerdenParticipant
Our client requires the services of a Training and Development Officer to lead up their training department on the mine property. The candidate must be energetic young at heard and be able to self-manage. Only candidates who fit the JOB Spec will be considered.
• Ensure compliance with company Health and Safety responsibilities and legal and operational requirements
• Work with line managers to assess the skills and knowledge within the plant and determine what training is needed to grow and retain these skills (skills gap analysis).
• Identify training and development needs within the mining and plant through job analysis, appraisals and regular consultation with Supervisors, Plant Managers, Mine Manager and the Human Resources department (training needs analysis).
• Design and expand training and development programs based on the needs of the plant and the individual produce / develop training materials for in-house courses.
• Facilitate training courses as well as the on-the-job training in the plant and mining.
• Ensure that statutory training requirements are met.
• Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with the Operational Managers to manage the delivery of training and development programs.
• Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the plant and mining operations.
• Assist supervisors to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
• Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
• Updating of the training database and employees training files / records and matrices.
• Ensure training complies with MQA and ISO standards and practices.
• Work according to the Mine Code of Practices and report any deviations.
• Prepare progress reports and any other reports as required by management and maintain employees training records.
• Manage training programs to ensure they are delivering results.
• Prepare training scheduled, allocate instructors to different courses and monitor costs to keep programs within budget.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Training and Development Assessors certificate
• Moderators Certificate
• A valid trade certificate in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering, or Open / Underground mining Certification, or Minerals Processing Certificate will be an advantage.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a training environment in the mining sector
• English language proficiency
• Presentation and reporting writing skills
• Must have good interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively with colleagues, trainees, supervisors and Managers.
• Strong analytical and decision -making skills to assess training needs and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Valid driver’s license
• South African ID
• Salary offered market related.
• Benefits will be discussed in interview.
Forward your resume and relevant qualifications to [email protected]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.