The QCTO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any useful updates on the activities and performance of the QCTO?

In discussions with some of the SETAs, it appears that there is a massive backlog of action on matters such as submitted SLAs there, which does not bode well for getting skills training moving faster and more effectively.

There is a new CEO. Does anyone have any idea who that is?

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels
    Participant

The new CEO is Dr Joyce Mashabela. She was appointed on 1 April 2012.

Joe Samuels
    Participant

A general piece of information. When I read some of the comments here on the skills universe I often wonder why people don’t go to the SAQA website and check for the answers there or just send me an email and I will respond to the question directly?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “The QCTO

• Gill Connellan

Regardless of the reasons for the breakdown in communication in the department, this is a real real blow for skills provision and education in this country. We have been waiting for months and months to get a final decision on the SETA landscape and NSDS3, and there has been an impression created that there is a great deal of work being done behind closed doors. This news leaves us with the feeling that the delays in announcements are due to factors other than the planning for delivery of a highly functioning results-oriented department.

The DG has been a refreshing change from the bureacratic stumbling and fumbling that we experienced when skills development was under the jurisdiction of the department of labour. She has always been available to enagage with stakeholders and has provided us with sound inputs and feedback on the proposed strategies and deliverables of the department. I am not sure how the Minister is going to replace Mary Metcalfe given that there is a dire lack of experience and competence to deal with skills development and higher education challenges at a time when we are experiencing the highest levels of unemployment (especially amongst the youth), and the lowest scores in mathematics and sciences in all recorded countries around the world. Gill Connellan – Chairperson Association for Skills Development Facilitation in South Africa.

Comments are closed.