Thank you after the WSP-ATR online submission season

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators Thank you after the WSP-ATR online submission season

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

As we reach the end of the extension periods of the submission date for WSP ATRs, many SDFs will agree that 2018-19 submission period was one of the most difficult we have experienced since 2000.
    Not all the problems were directly under the control of the SETA staff. Technical problems with the different software systems not created by the SETA itself, short working weeks over a major holiday period when employees of stakeholders and of SETAs want to take annual leave.
    So it is valuable to single out and name the people who rose to the challenge, and helped each other to solve problems and meet deadlines.

To start I would like to personally thank Nomusa Mphanga of Foodbev SETA, who helped me – even though she was dealing with a family bereavement – way above the call of employment. Thank you Nomusa – all my respect and gratitude.
    Then the ASDSA members – Maryna, Amanda and especially Chris van der Berg who called me and gave me the advice I needed to move forward with the Service SETA system. (No – or very late- responses from numerous means of contact with Services – local and national telephone calls, multiple emails).
    Also the local WC W&RSETA who have the most effective telephone answering I have experienced, and Laura Warner who was constructive, efficient, and vital to success in submission.

To these SETA staff and ASDSA members – thank you for giving your time and attention to assist me.

Please add your thank you – who assisted you to succeed in submitting your WSP ATRs?

Share on Social Media

Melanie Harvard
    Participant

I can commend Natalie Venter (merseta) who helped our clients with some complex code input requirements, and Thokozani Mlambo at ETDP seta . . . luckily i did not have to submit too many wsprs but it seems everyone I speak to has had a real headache with the IT interfaces and now that setas force the ONLINE submission (in the old days if you had online issues you could still do a hardcopy submission) i think it makes life much harder for all SDFS . . . not to mention the general lack of replies (phone/email) from most seta staff. Hopefully they all get it together a bit better for 2019 . . .

Share on Social Media

Melanie Harvard
    Participant

I can commend Natalie Venter (merseta) who helped our clients with some complex code input requirements, and Thokozani Mlambo at ETDP seta . . . luckily i did not have to submit too many wsprs but it seems everyone I speak to has had a real headache with the IT interfaces and now that setas force the ONLINE submission (in the old days if you had online issues you could still do a hardcopy submission) i think it makes life much harder for all SDFS . . . not to mention the general lack of replies (phone/email) from most seta staff. Hopefully they all get it together a bit better for 2019 . . .

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks Melanie – please also look at the previous discussion in this group on a draft letter to the Minister. Is there anything that we should add to the letter?
    Thanks sylvia

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media