TETA issues and complaints

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nigel Shipston 11 months ago.

• Author

Mario Botes
    Participant

Good day. Where can I report complaints and issues I have with TETA. Is there any regulatory body where Seta’s can be reported?

Share on Social Media

Kate Sani
    Participant

Dear Mario. It depends on to what your complain refers – learner achievements & certification? grants? provider accreditation? etc.

Share on Social Media

Mario Botes
    Participant

Kate. Thank you for your response. I didn’t know there were different places to report different complaints. It concerns failure to show up for external moderations, thus accreditation issues. As well as lack of assistance with the SMS system and poor communication from TETA in general. Lack of monitoring visits. TETA tells the providers in the Free State every year at their road show that we have to invite them to come visit us, but when we do they dont bother to show up. And when they visit other providers in the area, no one knows about it, you only hear about it afterwards. There has to be some entity that plays watchdog over the SETA’s just as they like to do with us!!!

Share on Social Media

Kate Sani
    Participant

Hi Mario. This is shocking!
    You need to first raise your complaint with TETA itself – do so with the TETA ETQA Manager, and the TETA CEO.

If you are unsatisfied with their response, lodge a complaint with the QCTO. The SETA ETQA units are accountable to QCTO and each SETA has been allocated a QCTO Monitor. Call them and establish who this monitor is, or who you can lodge a complaint with. The QCTO’s number is 012 003 1800.

Share on Social Media

Mario Botes
    Participant

Kate
    Thank you kindly for the assistance. Here in Bfn there is another provider with precisely the same situation as mine. We are both very small one-man operated providers. I will contact the QCTO for assistance.

Kind regards
    Mario

Share on Social Media

Not to sure if its too late to comment but i have had endless issues with TETA. Communication, SMS System just all of it. I have been trying for 2 years now and its not getting any better

Share on Social Media

Mario Botes
    Participant

Mare’-Lee. I also still have issues with TETA and the sms system, I have given up trying as none of the channels seem to get any response. I wish I could speak to the minister myself once to raise these issues…but that might be to much to ask from goverment. I am under the impression that this is how they start with their ” radical economic transformation”…..just ignoring certain companies and hope they dissapear. I have a friend in parleament (member of DA) and he assisted greatly when Dept of Labour refused to issue my Letter of good standing (after I complained to my friend I got the letter within a day, after begging Labour for 18 months). I think I might ask another favour from him again.Worth a try at least. If there are any other providers on here with similiar issues, please let me know. I want to get this public and investigated.
    Lets get this sorted out!!!

Share on Social Media

I try everyday… I feel like i’m nagging… i’m also looking for older external moderators reports that was done before i started with the training provider and they dont have it. So where will i ever get them?

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
      Participant

Hi Mare-Lee,
      Depends how old those reports are. Much info was lost on the TETA system some years back, so these may never be located. Does your ETQA Practitioner not have copies perhaps?

Share on Social Media

Zee Haniff
    Participant

Evening All
    I agree with the TETA Complaints and need to stand together and meet with TETA to review the following
    1. External Moderation Challenges
    2. SMS Database is a nightmare, not user friendly
    3. Use of Moderators not TETA qualified for external moderation
    4. Response time and Delays from all SETAS in SA
    5. Government legislation and tackle policies

please email me zee@ipisa.co.za if you want to join me in a meeting with TETA.

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi all,
    The TETA ETQA unit has for many years been under the reign of Managers who, in my opinion, should perhaps have been directed to other employment opportunities. The result is our current situation, which is going to take time to rectify. At this particular moment, the position having been recently vacated, Sandy Ndlovu is acting ETQA Manager. My experience with Sandy over the years has been excellent and it has long been my belief that she should have been ETQA Manager a long time ago. Although she is probably overburdened with this acting position, I think you will find her far more receptive to issues than any of the last three Managers.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media