Skills development & Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators Skills development & Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Hunter van Heerden 1 month ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

The B-BBEE Code of Good Practice and the Scorecard elements – especially the skills development element have become more important for some SDFs to keep themselves updated with changes.

On skills-universe we have a Skills Development Facilitators group and also a Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) group.

I am interested to know how many SDFs are servicing companies where B-BBEE levels are important.
    What sectors are you covering?
    Also how do you keep yourself updated on changes in B-BBEE?

Share on Social Media

Jeniffer Maako
    Participant

I am and in broadcasting.

Share on Social Media

malose mofomme
    Participant

Good Morning Sylvia,

My name is Malose Mofomme and I am looking at being SDF in the Telecommunication Sector. Is this the best group to be in to get updates on ATR/WSP. I have established that most companies in the sector are not doing ATR and they do not have SDF.

Regards

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Malose,
      Thanks for posting your question. Yes, you are correct. There are companies and organisations that should be participating – but they don’t – for a number of reasons.
      The best thing for you to do – I think is to click on the Discussion Groups & then in the search box enter SDF – that should bring up Skills Development Facilitators group.
      That will give you a lot of information on what the other SDFs have to say. There are many frustrations with dealing with SETAs. In telecommunications you would fall under the MICT SETA.
      One of the main problems is making contact with the SETAs so if you can form a relationship with the people in the MICTSETA, and get to know their way of doing things – that will help you a lot – to persuade companies to have you as their SDF – and persuade them to participate.
      Please let me know how you get on.
      sylvia

Share on Social Media

i my name is Vinolia and im and SDF for a energy company .. and looking to network and share experiences in a SDF GROUP . Where does one find such a forum

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Vinolia,
      If you click on Discussion Groups on the Home page & then in the search box enter SDF – that should bring up Skills Development Facilitators group. When you get there click the little box that says Subscribe, so you get updates from that group.
      That is one of the biggest groups, and you can read through previous discussions.
      Then you can also post questions and comments. Scroll to the bottom of the discussions & enter the information in the boxes there, click the little box to receive email updates, and click to submit.

Share on Social Media

thanks so much sylvia

Share on Social Media

Adel Griesel
    Participant

I’m a registered SDF and BBBEE verification agent, however, I prefer not to verify but only consult. How do you keep updated? Follow SANAS, DTI and all the big guns like BEESA, Empowerdex etc. for updates and changes in the sector codes or gazettes. Also, have relationships with the SETA, understand the EE Act, BBBEE Act, the SDL Act, and if you read carefully, you will notice that these acts work hand in hand. This for an SDF will make your planning very impressive. What more does a company want than to gain max points on BBBEE, have a good report with DoL and claim max benefits back from SDL? They all work together 🙂 Hope it helps.

Share on Social Media

Hunter van Heerden
    Participant

Hello All

I am an SDF and B-BBBEE consultant for multiple industries from Agri SETA, W&R SETA, FoodBev SETA, MICT SETA, CATTH SETA, CHIETA SETA, and Services SETA.

I find that all of the companies I assist are very concerned about B-BBEEE and ensuring that each company is up to date with the recent changes has been a challenge in some cases. I have to agree that B-BBEEE, EE and SDL’s are all connected.

My clients all want to gain the maximum points available, which also includes taking part in the YES program.

The best place to keep up to date with all the changes is to follow the DTI and empowerdex.

On another note that changes to the BCEA have also been a change. Strikes cannot be called a legal strike without a secret ballot being held. This is great news for IR Managers.

Regards
    Hunter van Heerden
    CEO – SDL Rebate

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media