SETA’s discretionary grants

Front Page Looking For… SETA ISSUES SETA’s discretionary grants

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am concern with the manner in which the SETA’s are allocating the DG’s.There is a tendency among this bodies to advertise the funding period and advice the providers to apply within a certain period and they will take the about six months to allocate the funds.

One example is MQA, they requested providers to recruit and submit retrenched mineworkers to be upskilled in February 2010, and during April 2010 said that they do ot have funds to continue with the vouchers.

Can someone please enlighten me on should be done in a situation like this? Just think about the efforts that we have put into this whole process of recruiting and making promises to the innocent people. 

Share on Social Media
      Stephanie Stylianou
      Participant

I call Discretionary Grants ” Dangerous Goods”! 

Application process can be mammoth with certain SETA’s.   Then one does not hear… or  get turned down….. I have first hand experience of payments to companies taking up to TWO YEARS!  

FoodBev Seta is very good with their DG.  Application process (initial paperwork) simple and staff on the ball.  We must also take cognisance of the fact that SETA’s get audited,  so our support documents after applications have been approved is vital for them to have –  This is understandable as there have been fraudsters out there….

Share on Social Media

Can someone help me with discretionary grants.

Share on Social Media
      Deepak Ramnath
      Participant

I know of organisations thats waiting for a response from the seta for a tender that has been postponed so many times it isn’t funny! It’s now on year 3!!!

Share on Social Media
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media