Services offering as coach and mentor to assessors and facilitators

Front Page Looking For… Vacancies & Seeking Practitioners for Contracts or Projects Services offering as coach and mentor to assessors and facilitators

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Petra Penninkhoff 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Hi all,

After more than 10 years of working and living in South Africa I, unfortunately, have to return to the Netherlands. I hope to continue contributing to be to skills development in the country that I adopted as my second mother country. I will remain a member of Skills Universe (obviously I would say) and keep myself updated on what is going on in SA in the educational and economic development sectors.

Until my departure late May, I still would like want to do some facilitation and assessment as a freelancer. Through my own SDP (the L4DHub) that is accredited with the SSETA, it would be a bit more problematic as I will not be able to see through the entire assessment and (external) moderation process.

I am looking for assignments preferably within a 1-hours’ drive around Durban as a recent knee replacement does not yet allow me to drive long distances.

I am a qualified facilitator and learning material developer with many years of experience. I am a registered assessor for a number of qualifications at the SSETA, AgriSETA, LG SETA and some US at the ETDP SETA.

My expertise after 38 years ranges from training in soft skills and technical skills. Soft skills include , report writing, preparing the technical part of tender proposals, writing Terms of Reference, communication, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, developing learning materials. Technical skills include: Monitoring and Evaluation; small and medium entrepreneurial and enterprise (SMME) development; research methods; quantitative and qualitative analysis; developing and analysing surveys; Value Chain analysis; environmental analysis. Even if you do not see the field of expertise you are interested in you can always ask me. I may be able to answer of find the answer for you.

Sylvia Hammond suggested I also could work with (young) assessors and facilitators who do are qualified and registered but still could use some mentoring and coaching on their subject matters. I really like that idea; it is how I have been working for years in the context of larger projects. The advantage is that I will be able to coach and mentor on-line, from here in Durban or later from my home in The Netherlands.

Just have a look at my Skills Universe and LinkedIn profiles to explore what my expertise is and if there is something that I can offer you.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Share on Social Media

Gary Nyambuya
    Participant

Well done! Great contribution you have made. I would surely want to be mentored by you.

gary.nyambuya@gmail.com

Share on Social Media

Ermi Pillai
    Participant

Dear Petra

Thank you for your offering. It is appreciated.

Sincerely

Ermi Pillai
    ermipillai@gmail.com

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Hi Gary,

Thanks. I am sending you an email to find out more.

Share on Social Media

Nokulunga Mzimela
    Participant

Hi Petra

Could you please assist me with couching and mentoring services.

My email is : claribell_multi@yahoo.com

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Sure I can. But you will need to clarify what you need. I will send you an email with some questions

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media