SAQA Qualifications reaching expiration in June 2021

Front Page Looking For… SETA ISSUES SAQA Qualifications reaching expiration in June 2021

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

Thanks Lynel. I did think so :-). I will certainly try them too now.

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

No problem Jenny!

If we look at the Gazette No. 44031 published on the 24th December 2020: National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 (Act No. 67 of 2008) – Determination of the Sub-Frameworks that comprise the National Qualifications Framework (signed off by Minister Dr Nzimande) it clearly states on page 35:

IMPLEMENTATION AND TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
    PRE – 2009 Qualifications (Under the SAQA Act, 1995)
    13. The registration end date for Pre-2009 qualifications and unit standards on the OQSF shall be 30 June 2023.

The question now is, why does the the Legacy Qualifications not reflect this date? Did SAQA have a system issue, and not realise it, or do we all understand this gazette wrong. The only body that can change the date is SAQA.

Colleen Stelli
    Participant

Good afternoon

With reference to this conversation, has anyone been able to get more clarity on the SAQA Qualifications that have now expired (but still appear on SAQA)?

Hi Colleen,
    As far as I know the answer to your question is No, unfortunately not.

I am aware that there is an article on this question being prepared at the skills portal for publishing on that site.

I will alert all skills-universe members with the URL as soon as it is published.

Colleen Stelli
    Participant

Thank you for the response Sylvia! This is really of great concern to us and we will appreciate being alerted to the publication of the Skills Portal article so that we can plan a way forward.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media