SAQA Qualifications reaching expiration in June 2021

Front Page Looking For… SETA ISSUES SAQA Qualifications reaching expiration in June 2021

Viewing 4 posts - 6 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

I am not sure if I should ask this question here…..

Are there any providers that know that their learners have not gone through to the NLRD as enrolled/registered or achieved (on legacy qualifications)?

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have finally received a response from the QCTO regarding the issue of qualifications expiring in June 2021 and thought I’d share it with you:

“Mam

The expiry date is correct and SAQA will deregister these qualifications. This means you can register learners until 30 June 2022.
    Learners registered against the last registration will be allowed to complete the qualification.
    Accreditation remains, if active until 30 June 2022 or its end date.”

On further questioning about what will happen to qualifications that do not align to existing occupational qualifications, I received this reply:

“All Historically Registered Qualifications will be expired by 2023 June 30.
    You can either realign this qualification to an Occupational Qualification or develop it as a Skills Programme. The difference is that Skills Programme need not be registered by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Authority (NQF).”

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thanks Jenny,
    The feedback you obtained – will most definitely not be well received by thousands of providers. The wording is a bit different than what I received from SAQA – and to confuse this a little bit more – the gazette that was issued on the 24th December states it differently. I guess we will see what happens at midnight on the 30th June – if some will be extended or not (until June 2023).

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

It’s going to be a nightmare.

Viewing 4 posts - 6 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media