SAQA CEO issues clarification on qualification re-registration process

Front Page Looking For… Training Service Providers SAQA CEO issues clarification on qualification re-registration process

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

SAQA CEO Joe Samuels has issued the attached document, which clarifies how qualification re-registration will take place. There is a very good graphic of each quality council and the steps of the process.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Des Squire
    Participant

The graphic as you say is really great. What still confuses me is that providers offering qualifications (nothing about part qualifications/unit standard programmes) must register with the DHET.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Des, thank you for raising that issue.

I have regularly asked questions whenever I am in a position to ask. At one stage I was told that skills programmes are not the same as part qualifications. That still confuses me. So I do not know whether this document referring to part-qualifications really includes skills programmes.

Recently I was told that in a particular SETA all the skills programmes are part of a qualification. But when I look at the qualifications in that sector, that does not appear to be correct.

I am of the opinion that the issue of skills programmes and the critical role they play in the workplace is not well understood by the policy makers.

To my knowledge there are skills programmes that are accredited and skills programmes that are not accredited. But whether they are or not accredited does not relate to how critical they may be to the company – for legal or other compliance reasons.

If someone is in a position to provide a comprehensive response on the status of skills programmes I would really appreciate it.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media