SAQA Accreditation and Registration Private Providers Signed Document 17-09-12

Front Page Looking For… Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices SAQA Accreditation and Registration Private Providers Signed Document 17-09-12

This topic contains 1 reply, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sylvia hammond sylvia hammond 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sylvia hammond
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Joe Samuels has very kindly provided a copy of the signed document on the registration and accreditation of private providers.   Please see attached document, which will also be available in the Downloads section for anyone who has difficulty finding this discussion subsequently.

Accreditation_and_Registration_Private_Providers_17_Sept_2012.pdf

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Lynel Farrell
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much!

Share on Social Media

Thank you Sylvia. It certainly makes an interesting read…

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Andrew Friedemann
    Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Does anyone know how to register with the QCTO and their contact details??

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Joe Samuels
    Joe Samuels

The QCTO delegated the responsibility to SETAs to accredit providers, there is no need to register with the QCTO!

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Des Squire
    Des Squire
    Participant

Just two comments

So the document – in the interest of clarification and in order to avoid confusion should have read  – “Providers must apply to the QCTO or the delegated body (the relevant SETA)” – the Irish are stupid???

What qualifiactaion are currently classified as “qualifications or part-qualifications on the OQF”?

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Tass Schwab
    Tass Schwab
    Participant

So in plain English – if you are a private provider and are not accredited yet but are in the process of doing so with your SETA, keep going ahead with this process??? Have I got that right?

Share on Social Media
    Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Tass,

I CAN SAFELY CONFIRM YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. (I was chastised appropiriately for seeking clarification) 

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Tass Schwab
    Tass Schwab
    Participant

Thank you for putting yourself out on a limb – you got the *smack and I got the echo!

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Andrew Friedemann
    Andrew Friedemann
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification – I thought for a minute there I had another whole lot of paperwork to do.

Much appreciated

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels

Dear Des

It is a bit mischievous to suggest that I had chastised you for seeking clarity. I am very happy to answer any questions of clarification on this matter. I indicated this to Sylvia when I provided the document to be placed on the website.

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks Joe, we really do appreciate your clarification.  As this demonstrates, while documents may seem clear to those creating them, they are often open to interpretation by others.  I suppose that’s why the legal profession flourishes.

Share on Social Media
    Des Squire
    Participant

I am glad someone feels sorry for the providers as we are, after all, the customers.

I say this “tongue in cheek” and without being mischievous.

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels

I agree with you Sylvia! I am very happy to provide clarity as one of the signatories of the document.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Sonia Magni
    Sonia Magni

Hi Joe,

Would it be possible for me to mail you and ask some questions? I am trying to wrap my head around things.

Many thanks,

Sonia

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Sonia and Joe, 

The questions are highly likely to be the same questions that many other members want to ask but are reluctant to embarrass themselves by making it public that they do not understand.  So it I’m wondering whether you would be prepared to ask the questions of Joe publicly or send them privately. 

Joe, if you could then post the answers onto the site – or provide the links to the SAQA site if the answer relates to a document. It would save you having to reply to hundreds of members wanting to ask the same question.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Sonia Magni
    Sonia Magni

Hi there Syliva,

Thanks for replying. Please let me know what would be preferable in terms of where and how I send my questions.

Am really grateful for everybody’s willingness to assist me,

Thanks,

Sonia

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Sonia It depends on to your questions refer.  You added your comment here so if they are relevant here, then just reply to this discussion.  Alternatively, if they relate to another discussion – or group you could add them there.  

If it’s all too much to work out – just go to Forum – click add to add your questions.  At the bottom of the comment block there’s a Category you can choose – one of them is QCTO, there’s also accreditation – see what suits best.  Let me know if you have a problem. 

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Desiree Lang
    Desiree Lang

After reading the document, I have a question – if we are doing a qualification or skills programmes on NQF L4 – Further Education & Training Certificate (FETC) – do we then need to apply for registration and accreditation with DHET and Umalusi?

Thanks

Desiree

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels

Hi Desiree

If the qualification is on the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) then the answer is no QCTO accreditation will be required.

Regards
    Joe

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Joe, I’m sorry – maybe I’m just slow, but your reply just doesn’t make any sense to me.  Desiree asked whether if doing NQF L4 FETC qualification do they need to apply for registration & accreditation with DHET & Umlusi.  You responded no QCTO accreditation required.  I am genuinely confused.  Please can you explain further for me.

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels

Thanks for seeking clarification I was doing this answer quickly! The answer is no to seeking accreditation with Umalusi and registration with the DHET, if the FETC is on the OQF! If the qualification is on the Genfetqf then then you seek accrediation from Umalusi and registration from DHET. If it is on the OQF, then only QCTO accrediation is needed. Now let me answer Des’ question. It is SAQA’s responsibility to allocate where qualifications are assigned. Occupational qualifications will be placed on the OQF!

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Well, that’s a relief! Thanks Joe.  I had thought I was following the concept and yes, your clarification is my understanding.  Depending on where the qualification is allocated, that will determine where you seek accreditation and ultimately you will always register with DHET (when SDA is amended). 

On QCTO and OQF, is there some influence that you could bring to bear to have more transparent communication on what is going on?  The minimal communication and lack of transparency just fuels the confusion and conspiracy theories.

Share on Social Media
    Joe Samuels

Hi Sylvia
    SAQA and the QCTO will be posting a joint communique in the next day or so and I hope that we will be able to do similar things together!
    Regards
    Joe

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Great news Joe – we will do all we can to spread the word – I’m sure members will welcome the information.  They may not always agree, but at least they’ll know what’s going on!

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media