Role of the Director in your organisation’s QMS

Front Page Looking For… Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) Role of the Director in your organisation’s QMS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

We have been advised that the Director of the company needs to be responsible for most roles for your QMS, i.e. from recruitment to paying salaries to making decisions about a learner qualifying for EISA. I understand that the Director assigns roles and functions to other senior members in the organisation and is indeed accountable for all of these functions, however I cannot find anything in the QCTO policies that state that these functions must be done solely by the Director of the company. It is not practical for so many functions to fall under the director’s scope. Does anyone know of any ruling from the QCTO that supports this?

Thank you for your time.

Jenny

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny, the QCTO does not work on that basis as all – you won’t find this in any of their policies. The QCTO does not dictate how the Director must run their organisation. The importance is the learner, and how the learning will be conducted with experienced Facilitators, more focus on the workplace experience that are required. It is absolutely crazy to think that the one Director must be able to do all this – it doesn’t make sense at all – but then again, each SETA has their own rules and requirements. Imagine a large corporate company – you employ experts in various departments to do what is required, otherwise why would you have them employed in the first place.

There are NO such ruling when you are Accredited with the QCTO – none whatsoever.

Jenny Mamdoo
    Participant

Dear Lynel,

That was my feeling too. Thanks so much for the confirmation.

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

No problem Jenny, the confirmation is as clear as daylight when you start dealing with the QCTO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media