Resignation of SABPP CEO

Front Page Looking For… HR & Personnel Practitioners Resignation of SABPP CEO

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  George Madisha 4 days, 7 hours ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

We have received the following announcement from SABPP. We wish Marius Meyer every success in his new appointment, and express our support and best wishes to Xolani Mawande, the current COO, who will be taking over as Acting CEO from 1 August 2018.

SABPP BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT
    On behalf of the Board of the SA Board for People Practices (SABPP), I would like to inform the HR community of the resignation of our CEO, Marius Meyer. He accepted an academic position at Stellenbosch University. While the Board is indeed sad to lose his expertise, in particular in view of the phenomenal growth, as well as the increased national and international impact of SABPP over the past seven years, we wish him well during the next phase of his career in serving the HR profession in a different role. As a result of his leadership and commitment to building the HR profession, SABPP has reached new heights with a solid foundation for further growth and expansion of HR professional services for the HR market.

In accordance with the succession plan of the Board, the COO, Xolani Mawande, has been appointed an interim CEO with effect from 1 August 2018, while the process of recruiting and selecting a new full-time CEO is in progress. We thank Mr Mawande for accepting this position during the period of transition to a new permanent CEO in ensuring the continuity of current projects and initiatives in advancing the HR profession.

The SABPP Board will make arrangements to celebrate the legacy of our outgoing CEO, while continuing to ensure that all succession and transitionary planning is in place.
    Siphiwe Moyo, Chairperson: SABPP

CEO STATEMENT

It was an honour and privilege to lead SABPP in serving the HR profession over the past seven years. I want to thank the Board, all committee members, the office team, HR practitioners, learning providers, students, alliance partners, suppliers and other stakeholders for their excellent work in advancing the HR profession in so many innovative and professional ways.

I will continue to serve the HR profession in a different capacity by focusing on lecturing, research and community service in developing the HR youth talent pipeline for the country.

During the last few years, I have worked very closely with our COO, Xolani Mawande and he played a significant role in the successes we have achieved. I want to thank him and his team for their commitment to excellence, and I wish him all the best in his transition to interim CEO of SABPP.

I would like to thank the HR community for their support and contribution to the success of SABPP during my term of office. I have been inspired by the daily acts of professionalism, ethics and active citizenry of so many HR professionals. I wish you all well on your continuous journey of professional HR practice in adding value to your stakeholders.

Let us continue to build the HR profession as we take the HR profession forward towards the 2020 workplace and deliver excellence in our own spheres of influence and impact.
    Marius Meyer, CEO: SABPP

Share on Social Media

George Madisha
    Participant

Good luck Marius, surely that was a good decision to go back to Academia, i read a lot of your text books during my HRD tertiary studies and i have no doubt that you will continue to influence the HR profession across the Academic spectrum

Share on Social Media

George Madisha
    Participant

Welcome on board Mawande, i wish you all the best in your new position and know that you will take the SABPP to the highest level

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media