Requirements for a Private FET College closing down

Front Page Looking For… Seeking Accreditation or Training material Requirements for a Private FET College closing down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I have been researching the requirements for Private FET colleges when busy closing down.  I cannot seem to find anything in the current acts about this.

Is there anyone familiar with the steps to follow in this regard?  And also possible information on where this is set out – an act, DHET regulations etc.?

Thanks

Michelle

Share on Social Media
    Mark Naidoo
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I would very much like to know the outcomes of your findings. 

I am currently in Oman and studying for a Masters in Education through the University of Western Cape. This is of interest to me as the course work deals with Work and Learning.

Stay Blessed

Mark Naidoo

markpnaidoo@gmail.com

What kind of college are you closing?
    CArmen
    ce1722@icon.co.za

Hi Michele 

As far as I know you either have to have a teach out period or be able to pass your students on to another college doing the same programme. We ask for a six month teach out period so that students can finish what they have started and then transition to another provider. Your ETQA should have a policy in this regard. 

Regards

Jacqui

Hi all,

Thank you for feedback in this matter.  I have checked with the ETQA  – but some of their policies with regards to this issue are not concrete or cast in stone.

For those of you who know me, please do not be concerned – I am doing research on this and research only!  There is no closing of a college that will happen…

Michelle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “Requirements for a Private FET College closing down

• Ian Webster

Good research and follow up. One needs to be alert in this age of change, confusion, misinformation, and (sometimes) plain political expediency.
    Thanks Fikile

Comments are closed.