QCTO vs SETAs – what progress if any?

Front Page Looking For… Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) QCTO vs SETAs – what progress if any?

Viewing 4 posts - 71 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

You know my answer to this, Lynel. Kick them up the behind with the Public Protector’s boot!

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Hi Jacqui, my question will then be, should I forward our concerns to the Public Protector – how many providers will in fact continue supporting our call for help???  Is there support or not?

Lynel – you don’t need to go with support to the PP. You can report the issues as an individual – send her a copy of all the communiques, deleted unread emails, etc. I did that on another matter regarding Home Affairs so she will take action irrespective of whether you are an individual or a group. At the same time, send the DHET a blurt email stating that you are reporting them to the PP and that you are claiming “justice” in terms of the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act of 2000 which is designed “to give effect to the right to administrative action that is lawful, reasonable and procedurally fair and to the right to written reasons for administrative action as contemplated in section 33 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa”. and ask for a Read Receipt on your email. 

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thank you Jacqui, I will go ahead and give feedback on the outcome (if any)

Viewing 4 posts - 71 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “QCTO vs SETAs – what progress if any?

• sylvia hammond

Hi Alan, I agree with your comments about some management lack of performance management conversation skills.  It is a pity that tertiary qualifications generally and particularly in the technical areas, where management of large numbers of employees is probable, do not seem to contain any components of people management.  However, I find that there is also a lack of basic understanding and acceptance from many employees as well of exactly what are the required standards of behaviour in employment and that it is a contractual relationship with obligations of both parties. 

Comments are closed.