QCTO Provincial Roadshows

Front Page Looking For… Training Service Providers QCTO Provincial Roadshows

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bernard Botha 6 days, 1 hour ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

“The QCTO will be hosting Provincial Roadshows between the 4th October – 6th December 2018. The targeted audience are Accredited Skills Development Providers (SDPs).

Striving towards the implementation of a National Quality Assurance System for Qualifications and Part Qualifications registered on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF) of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).”

Please find attached the Invitation and the Roadshow calendar.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hannes Nel
    Participant

Two thoughts that struck me while reading this:
    1. Why do QCTO accredited learning institutions, like Mentornet, not receive the invitation directly from QCTO?
    2. Should Sylvia and Skills Universe not take over the functions and management of APPETD, because they should provide services like this, not so?

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Dear Hannes,
      Thank you I take that as a compliment. I am really not sure from where and how the bodies create their mailing lists.
      I gather information from a range of social networks: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, a great deal from ASDSA, and PMG, a range of departments and SETAs, who have added me to their list such as DEDAT and WC provincial government, and a range of news and other websites. I do sometimes receive info from APPETD.
      I would think that relevant professional bodies registered with SAQA should form the basis of appropriate mailing lists. I remember that the last time I checked professional bodies, Mentornet was registered as a professional body.

Share on Social Media

Lebohang Hanyane
    Participant

Good Day,

Hi I’m Lebo from a company named Speccon I just wanted to find out how do we register to attend the road show my e-mail address is Lebo@speccon.co.za .

thanks,
    Lebohang

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Lebo,
      See the two attachments. One is the Invitation. At the bottom it has an email and a telephone number to make contact with the QCTO. I would suggest make contact there.

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Sylvia
    I opened the attachment – there is only one page with dates and no contact email.

The official telephone number for QCTO is 012-003-1800, but you use that number at your own risk as the switchboard is no longer attended and the QCTO uses a system whereby any free extension is supposed to answer the incoming call. Nobody does and inevitably it goes to voice mail – where the mailbox is full.

Communicating with them is an exercise in futility. As to Hannes’ comment: SELA!

Bernard Botha

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks for that Bernard – I have asked one of the attendees at tomorrow’s meeting with DHET to raise the issue – and also forward a copy to the QCTO CEO.
      sylvia

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Sylvia, I found an email address for the roadshows: Mokono.T@qcto.org.za

Bernard

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thx Bernard
    Let us see whether anything comes out of tomorrow’s meeting with DHET.
    It is totally unacceptable that a public service is not readily contactable by the public – especially since it is funded by our SDL payments.

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Sylvia,

Further to this, I would like to forward you an email. Can you please provide an email address.

Bernard

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Bernard – have sent to your email address.

Share on Social Media

Suzanne Hattingh
    Participant

I just phoned the QCTO switchboard number Bernard gave and was answered within 3 rings by a friendly voice! Maybe just my lucky day. She said the switchboard is fully functional.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thank you Suzanne.
      I did forward the post to Vijayen Naidoo earlier. Maybe just co-incidental.

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Suzanne,

Thanks, maybe it is my bad day. So I wish to withdraw that comment unconditionally.

Sylvia,

I did not mean to get your email address in the public domain – you can reply to bothabe@telkomsa.net and I will forward the email.

Bernard

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media