Providers Not Paying Freelance Facilitators

Front Page Looking For… Freelance Facilitators Providers Not Paying Freelance Facilitators

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 1 month ago.

• Author

Maphuthi Sekwaila
    Participant

Hi All

Please don’t ever do business with QBC as the owner, Tando Qeqe will never pay you for the services provided. He is operating in Germiston, Elandsfontein and in Mpumalanga. I think name and shame is my only solution.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Dear Maphuthi,
    Thank you for posting. I have sent a private message to Tando requesting that he settle the matter immediately, otherwise I will delete his membership of skills-universe.

Please contact me if you do receive payment.

Many thanks sylvia

Share on Social Media

Tando Qeqe
    Participant

Dear Sylvia

Thank you for the message you have sent privately. My lawyer is dealing with Maphuthi. I have kept our conversation as I acknowledge that I owe him and will pay him as soon as I am paid by my client.

However, I also want to warn other training company about Maphuthi who negotiate in bad faith, to an extent of using blackmailing, as his has done on this page. I had to involve my lawyer, as he uses words like, “I will make sure I drag your name in Skill Universe. You will regret it”, which is exactly what his trying to achieve in using platform outside.

My lawyer has asked for his address so that he can send him a “defamation of character letter.On that he didn’t send me. However, has the audacity to blackmail on this page.

If there is one lesson I learnt was to have drawn an SLA that would have alleviated where we are today.

I still told him today in our conversation that when I am paid will pay him.

Thanks again Sylvia, your message is received & appreciated.

Rgds
    Tando Qeqe

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Tando, I appreciate your quick response.

I read and responded to your private message before I saw that you had responded to the posting – as I suggested.

I am sure that other members will appreciate your comment on the value of an SLA.

Thank you. sylvia

Share on Social Media

Maphuthi Sekwaila
    Participant

Tando is defending himself using non existent of SLA as a scapegoat. However, Tando and I agreed that payment will be made on the first and last days of training. He didnt indicate that I will receive payment as his clients pays him. He is engaging his lawyer as he have financial power.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Dear Maphuthi,
    Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that you and Tando have this dispute, however I do believe that other providers and facilitators can learn from your experience.

I do hope that you and Tando can successfully resolve your dispute in the new future.

Share on Social Media

Rudy Maritz
    Participant

I have the same issue with another company owing me R18 000. I have written off R150 000 over the past 5 years because of “training providers” like these. If you don’t have money, stay out of the bank. There is no such rule or law that a facilitator have to wait for a client to pay the training provider. It is just a sick and abusive cycle we all “accept”. Now, dear training provider, try explaining to your bank why they should not repossess your car because you are waiting for payment. I dare you!
    And as much as we think we need to butter up the issue, this behaviour is a disgrace for the training industry. Added to my list of No-Fly-Zones. Thank you.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Rudy for your comment.

It certainly highlights the need to be sure up front what is going to happen – what the provider intends, and whether the facilitator is prepared to accept those conditions.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media