PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING A PROFESSIONAL BODY WITH SAQA

Front Page Looking For… The Help Desk PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING A PROFESSIONAL BODY WITH SAQA

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stanford Hatlani 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Stanford Hatlani
    Participant

I am writing to seek advice on how to register an international professional body with SAQA. There is an international professional body that needs to launch a local chapter here in South Africa. I am their representive, henceforth my desire to know of the procedures to be followed.

Thank you.

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi Stanford,
    If you go to http://www.saqa.org.za/docs/pol/2017/_Print%20Ready%20for%20Policy%20and%20Criteria.pdf
    you will find the SAQA Guideline for registering a Professional Body. further info can be found on their webpage http://www.saqa.org.za/show.php?id=5749

Share on Social Media

Charles Dey
    Participant

You can also contact Ms Faith Nyaka, Director, Directorate Registration and Recognition at SAQA. 012 431 5076 fnyaka@saqa.org.za.
    The process takes about 9 months.
    Good luck!

Share on Social Media

Stanford Hatlani
    Participant

My sincere gratitude Mr Nigel (for the link) and Mr Charles for the contact details.

Share on Social Media

Stanford Hatlani
    Participant

Greetings!

I contacted SAQA and they advised that they can only offer recognition of an entity and its registration as a Professional Body after two years of operation.

So my question is do we have to register our Local Chapter just as any other NPO [waiting for those two years to suffice]?

And what would be the procedures?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Share on Social Media

Charles Dey
    Participant

Good Morning Stanford,
    The link which Nigel gave you previously contains all the information you need. Contact SAQA and find out when their next workshop on professional body registration is. You need to attend one of these before starting the application process.
    Good luck!

Share on Social Media

Stanford Hatlani
    Participant

Thanks Mr Charles Dey. However, SAQA is insisting that their mandate is not the registration of Professional Bodies but their recognition. So this therefore means we have to register the Chapter as an NPO and then after two years of operation SAQA would now come to monitor whether we would be performing in accordance with their recognition criteria.

So my question is should we register our chapter as an NPO awaiting SAQA, or..?

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media