Our Condolences to family & friends of Gill Connellan

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators Our Condolences to family & friends of Gill Connellan

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Adel Griesel 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

It is truly with great sadness and emotion that I have to advise all skills-universe members that Gill Connellan passed away suddenly this morning 2 April 2018 – apparently as a result of a stroke.

Many of our members will know her through membership of ASDSA, which she founded and built up through sheer determination and commitment.

There are many citizens who will remember her training – of workers – giving people a start in working life and her commitment to the development of SDFs.

Personally, I will miss her opinion and her advice tremendously. We didn’t always agree on everything but we shared a commitment to skills development and I admired and appreciated her contribution enormously.

My sincere condolences to her family and all those who were personally close to her.

Share on Social Media

Fiona Cameron-Brown
    Participant

Condolences to family, friends, colleagues and all who loved Gill.

Share on Social Media

Alan Hammond
    Keymaster

Such shocking news. Rest in peace Gill. You will be missed as a great leader in the skills revolution but also as a kind and generous person.

Share on Social Media
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Alan Hammond.

Sincere condolences.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

So sorry to hear the sad and unexpected news. I have known Gill for many years right from the start of SDF activities. Gillis a great loss. May she rest in peace. My prayers will be with the family over this sad period.

Share on Social Media

Adel Griesel
    Participant

This is terrible news! I did not expect to read this. I know Gill for many years and we did conferences together a couple of times.. this is really sad news. This is indeed a great loss. May she rest in peace and may her work continue in our industry. My sincere condolences to her family.

Share on Social Media
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Adel Griesel.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media