NSDS III and SDF’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Ivor Blumenthal
    Participant

I believe that SDF’s need to become more actively involved in the NSDS III debate than you currently are. There are opportunities aplenty for you to be able to lobby for items to be included in NSDS III which serve your interests. In my opinion issues such as the original payment for services in NSDS I which was removed in II should be reintroduced for consideration. Also I believe there should be more of a debate both on targets directed towards SDF beneficiation and directing more of a responsible role for SDF’s than currently is the case. From a SETA perspective I would like to see some type of reference formally to the fact that SDF’s need to be accountable to organisations such as the ASDFSA both for performance and behavior i.e. ethics.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Ivor

I strongly agree…In my experience I’ve seen SDF’s become very relaxed in there role as the link between employer and the Seta. I also believe that they need to be held accountable; after all they are the carriers of information form the employer that can be filtered into the NSDS III in terms of bridging the skills were necessary within a sector.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Ivor

I strongly agree…In my experience I’ve seen SDF’s become very relaxed in there role as the link between employer and the Seta. I also believe that they need to be held accountable; after all they are the carriers of information form the employer that can be filtered into the NSDS III in terms of bridging the skills were necessary within a sector.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Ivor

Well, most SDF’s are still under the impression that their function is all about completing a WSP & ATR and it ends there. It was quite evident in the attendees of the Durban CPD workshops between 2007-2008. I believe that people are not well informed and something needs to be done about this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media