Nominations requested for Skills-universe Member of the Year – 2016

Front Page Looking For… General – topics not covered by categories Nominations requested for Skills-universe Member of the Year – 2016

This topic contains 21 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  herbert Mawodyo 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

To all skills-universe members,

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day the last month of 2016. It has certainly been an eventful year.  Now I would like to ask you to consider:

• Who made the most valuable contribution to skills-universe this year?  
    • Who helped you?
    • Who advised you?
    • Who made a contribution to support skills development? 

So all we need is the member name – please just add the name and post.

Thank you.

Share on Social Media

Dr Tholsia Naicker

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

Lynell Farrell

Share on Social Media

Carl Roodnick
    Participant

Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Nigel Shipston

Share on Social Media

Des Squire

Share on Social Media

Pierre Wepener

Share on Social Media

Arlene Walsh
    Participant

It should be you, Sylvia. You devote an enormous amount of time and effort to the site and your knowledge and sharing of current issues assists us all.

Arlene Walsh, Intelesi. 

Share on Social Media

Henk Cloete
    Participant

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

Henk Cloete

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston

Share on Social Media

Tawanda Diza
    Participant

Nevson Chipangura

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

isaac sikhakhane
    Participant

Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Henk Cloete

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you to the people who mentioned my name – but please I am not included. 

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Dr Jax Baumgardt

Share on Social Media

Des Squire

Share on Social Media

Ian Webster
    Participant

Sadly, I have been so out of it this year, and I have just logged in to see the various posts emailed to me.

But I have been glad to know that the work is being done and support offered.

Thanks to all for that. And thanks, especially to Sylvia for all her hard work.

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Well then Ian, welcome back! We need you on some of the other discussions. The more relevant voices the better!

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Thank you… 

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Hard to pick one and the post because relationships with business partners often happen through emails because of this platform –  so I will say in gratitude to these strong folk who power ahead…

Who helped me and advised? Liezl van der Westhuizen (now an associate) Marie Smith, and Helene Straus and Zelda Rose as always. And Lynel Farrel – awesome warrior woman 

Who has made the most valuable contributions and supported skills dev? Nigel Shipston,Lynel Farrel, Des Squire, Jax Baumgardt.

And to you – just a personal thank you Sylvia. I value you so highly… thank you for all YOU do for US. 

Share on Social Media

siphiwe Tshuma
    Participant

Lynell Fareel and Des Squire

Share on Social Media

Sylivia Hammond

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Keleboga Sitshengisiwe – but I am not in the game 🙂

Share on Social Media

Ian Webster
    Participant

Ah, but you play it so well!!!!

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Lol :))))) double chins – you see you need to come back more often 🙂

Share on Social Media

Danielle Gibb
    Participant

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

Lizeth de Villiers
    Participant

Nigel Shipston!!

Share on Social Media

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

Des Squire

Share on Social Media

Steve Short
    Participant

Dr Cas Olivier 🙂

Share on Social Media

Jennifer Williams
    Participant

Lynel Farrel- thank you for sharing useful information and hearing our concerns

Share on Social Media

ONKEMETSE DIKGOLE
    Participant

Who made the most valuable contribution to skills-universe this year?
    •Who helped you?
    •Who advised you?
    •Who made a contribution to support skills development?

I Onkemetse Dikgole would like to nominate Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Janelle Gravett
    Participant

Lynel Farrell

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you to all our members who took the time to nominate fellow members as 2016 Member of the Year.

An especial thank you from me to all those who nominated me. Although I was not included in the competition I really valued your nomination.

The person who won by quite some way is Lynel Farrell.

She was followed by two members, who were very close to each other – Des Squire and Nigel Storm Shipston.

We will be making arrangements offline to send them each a gift.

Our skills-universe vision is to support skills development, so we value all those members who do daily contribute in many ways to this vision.  

While we may disagree on lots of things, by working together we can make a difference to the lives of those we train, development, mentor, and educate.

All the very best wishes for a peaceful and restful period – however you choose to celebrate.

Let’s make 2017 a successful skills development year.   

Share on Social Media

Marie Smith
    Participant

Thank you for your contribution throughout the year, Sylvia.

Congratulations to Lynel, Des and Nigel.

Share on Social Media

Thanks Sylvia for a dazzling 2016.

Congrats Lynel, Des and Nigel

Share on Social Media

Thokozani Absalom
    Participant

Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Thokozani Absalom
    Participant

Congratulation Des Squire, Nigel Storm Shipston and Lynel Farrell. Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Thokozani, and I would also like to thank you for your contribution this year and wish you a peaceful and restful Christmas. 

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

And thank you Vikki – will you be able to make the QCTO session in Cape Town? Would be great to meet up again.

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia,  I will not be able.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Oh dear – sorry about that – but we will be providing an update on all meetings. All the very best wishes for you and your family for a peaceful season.

Share on Social Media

Roysen Seeraj
    Participant

Hi

I would like to nominate Sylvia Hammond.

Thanks

Roysen

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Roysen but we are already finished.
    Please will you also update your profile with a profile photo. Click Settings to open you profile and then browse to find the photo, click to upload, and then remember to Save before you exit. Please do ASAP as I am already deleting members who have not updated.

Share on Social Media

Lerato Monyatsi
    Participant

Sylvia Hammond…While I realise you administer the platform… you are dedicated and messages do not go answered. Always posting thought provoking discussions when the site is quiet and no one is posting… always keeping us informed. Well deserved.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks Lerato for your kind words and to you for your support in re-tweeting.
    All the best to you and your loved ones.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Sylvia and members.  Thank you so much for the nominations, I am blown away with your kindness.  I am a bit speechless this morning.  I didn’t expect this.  There are so many individuals that inspire, motivate and assist me, a big thank you for being special and making a positive difference to others.  Thank you so much for all your support, together we can achieve so much.  Grateful, thankful and honoured to be a member of Skills Universe.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Congratulations to Lynel – a well deserved win.

Well done to Nigel also.

Thank’s to all who nominated me – it has always been my pleasure – Glad I was able to assist in some small way.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Well done to Lynel, Des and Nigel!!! Our dedicated persistent Warriors for ETD. Deep bow. And Sylvia, once again without this platform I would be lost – so thank you to your tireless team. 

And to all my colleagues with whom I have been working with on this platform since 2012 – thank you from the bottom of my heart for making a difference to my life and so many others. (list is long – so will not name all, but you know who you are) 

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you Des, appreciated.  Well done to you and to Nigel too – our contributions do make a positive change and we need to continue with our work and assist members where we can.  I know this is not always posssible, but our efforts count.  Thank you once again

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you Tass!  I totally agree with you.  If it wasn’t for Sylvia and Alan – all of us would never have had the opportunity, assistance, information and help.  This platform has indeed helped so many people.  I had the same problem in thanking all the special individuals that have been assisting and supporting one another and been part of my life (I am scared that if I start naming individuals, I might forget a name or two, and the list is very long) – I thank each and every one for your contributions, assisting me in my journey and my passion for education.  I can’t imagine my life without you and skills universe.   YOu are all special, thank you for making a difference, no matter how big or small your contribution – all worth it!!  You Rock!!

Share on Social Media

Ian Webster
    Participant

Google is great for general research, but for the type of information we are so often looking for, we need humans who talk to us and experience the same (often frustrating) experiences we do.

So thank you to the three of you and everyone else who has shared something or answered a question (even one). 

And, of course, thank you to our champion, driver and let’s-keep-the-show-on-the-road dynamo: Sylvia. You are a legend!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hear, hear to the Legend: Sylvia!!

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

To one and all, thank you, and congratulations to Lynel and Des!

Sylvia, without this platform it is inconceivable that some of the issues would have been appropriately addressed and for once there is a form of cohesion coming about between the disparate and diverse training providers.  Matters about which we may have never been aware of are now becoming common knowledge and it is only through this cohesion that we can provide the necessary front to address matters that concern us at the working face. For this I believe you will remain the top nominee, irrespective of being the “organiser”.

For the rest, I will continue to support those causes that trouble our industry and encourage everybody to participate in looking after ourselves.  As Sylvia said, we may have differences of opinions over certain matters and methods, but ultimately we only have ourselves to rely on.  To everything, there is a season, so let each and every one of us use our individual talents and skills to move this industry forward.

2017, here we come!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you Nigel.  If it wasn’t for Sylvia, I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet you.  Nigel, you have been my Mentor in many of my studies over the years, and I thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.  I would have never been the person I am today, if it wasn’t for you.  You have always supported me in my journey to become the best I can be.

I will also continue to support and assist where I can, attempt to protect Providers, Learners and ETD Practitioners in any way possible, share knowledge and information as best I can.  There will be times where we disagree, however it is good to have a difference in opinion and hearing other ideas on various topics.  What an amazing platform that gives us freedom of speech, sharing knowledge which you cannot buy (priceless) and be able to debate topics – wonderful!  I do believe that we are getting stronger and more pro-active in sharing information – let’s continue!

Hear, hear to 2017! 

Share on Social Media

Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

Thinus Kruger
    Participant

Sylvia Hammond

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Thinus for your kind nomination, but the competition is closed already. Lynel won and then Nigel and Des were close together at two and three.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media