Nightmare on SETA Street – the bloodbath

Front Page Looking For… SETA ISSUES Nightmare on SETA Street – the bloodbath

Viewing 2 posts - 6 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi to Nigel, Hugo and Bev,
    Nigel my apologies for not responding earlier – I have been trying desperately to make time to finish my thesis. I keep saying “a few days away” ….
    Anyway, on your post – have you seen the posting by Lynel for the QCTO webinar which is to take place later this month. I have attached again for you in case you have not booked yet.

I would suggest that the QCTO webinar is the correct platform to take up the activities of the SETA, as the webinar is announced as for “valued” stakeholders, and my understanding is that the QCTO is legally, ultimately responsible for the SETA actions in this regard.

The QCTO can provide us with the legal documents, with which the QCTO mandate the SETA AQP & QAP functions, so we confirm whether what I say is in fact legally correct.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Nigel,
    After reading your post, and commenting, I tried to remember where I had seen something on this topic, and I recall that I was contacted by someone with extensive knowledge and experience, but without the qualification that were now being told they needed.

So I went through my files and found the Services SETA document, which I would have received from Services because Portal Publishing is registered with Services, and I am the internal SDF. Although it comes from Services, it refers to SAQA requirements – and each qualification has an achievement date next to the assessor requirements.

Just quickly I picked up one of the requirements the assessor must be competent in the language the individual prefers to be assessed in. That raises some interesting questions.

Please see attached. I did not follow up further at the time.
    But every SETA should have the equivalent to this Services document for the qualifications under that SETA. So does the SETA you are talking about have the equivalent to this – with each qualification under their jurisdiction, and what are the achievement dates? (On Services none are this year.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 6 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media