Newsflash: Parliamentary Committee Chair tells QCTO: performance not good enough

Front Page Looking For… QCTO: Questions and Answers Newsflash: Parliamentary Committee Chair tells QCTO: performance not good enough

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dr Jacqueline Baumgardt (Jax) 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Skills-universe members will be keen to hear the feedback from the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on the presentations by the QCTO, and the SAQA.

The QCTO did not fare well – they failed to meet their own targets. Chairperson Mrs Phosa did not mince her words – the message was clear – this is not good enough.

The SAQA was praised for 17 years of clean audits – they have received an award from the Auditor General.

Watch out for the full report on events at the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training – to be distributed Monday morning. 

Share on Social Media

Oh goody, goody, goody. At last someone has seen the light!

Share on Social Media

well done SAQA. You’re a wonderful organisation to work with. 

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Thank you so much for this message! when you keep working on concerns and think that you are being ignored and that no one cares, but with one message it is all worth it! I am sure that everybody will be waiting on Monday to see the report!

SAQA well done! Maybe it is time to step in and take back what has been working, and save our future education system! SAQA here is a high 5 for you!!!!

Share on Social Media

Gill Connellan
    Participant

Thanks for the update Sylvia. We will be looking out for the full report. The situation with the QCTO has become seriously embarrassing for our industry.

Share on Social Media

I just want to suggest a small correction to the newsflash – SAQA was congratulated on receiving a clean audit (for 2013/14) and on its achievement of having an unqualified audit for 17 consecutive years. The QCTO also achieved an unqualified audit. What is an unqualified audit? This means that the annual financial statements  is fairly represented and there has been no money stolen, misspent, etc. A clean audit on the other hand means that you have an unqualified financial audit, met your performance targets (and the performance information can be verified), complied with all the laws and regulations of the country and all your internal controls are functioning well. You can achieve an unqualified audit without having a clean audit but you cannot have a clean audit without an unqualified audit! 

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Excellent thanks Joe – I will make sure that I include that clarification in the full report.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

I am so looking forward to catching up – have been on the West coat for a weeks holiday. By the looks of things I have a great deal of reading on Skills Universe to do. Will catch up shortly.

SAQA deserve to be in the limelight and to have received an award – well done Joe and staff.

As for QCTO enough has been said by the chairperson.

Share on Social Media

Joe, hats off to you and your staff

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media