Only 7 days to comment on the proposed amendments to the NQF Act.
The following is published by the Parliamentary Monitoring Group (PMG) and copied for those who do not subscribe to the site.
The Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training invites you to submit written comments
The Bill seeks to amend the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 so as to:
▪ amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the verification of all qualifications or part-qualifications by the SAQA;
▪ provide for the formulation of criteria for evaluating foreign qualifications;
▪ provide for the establishment and maintenance of separate registers of misrepresented or fraudulent qualifications;
▪ provide for a separate register for professional designations;
▪ provide for the referral of qualifications or part-qualifications to SAQA for verification and evaluation;
▪ provide for offences and penalties which have a bearing on fraudulent qualifications.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Anele Kabingesi at email@example.com by no later Tuesday, 28 August 2018
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Anele Kabingesi on tel (021) 403-3760 or cell 083 412 1585
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
Issued by Hon C September, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training.
The National Qualifications Framework Amendment Bill, 2018, (‘‘the Bill’’), seeks to amend the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 (Act No. 67 of 2008) (‘‘the principal Act’’), in order to strengthen the principal Act in various respects by inter alia, rectifying inconsistencies and closing gaps currently in the principal Act.
The amendment bill is attached.