Misuse of the term Accredited/Accreditation

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ermi Pillai
    Participant

Hi Sylvia

If I may comment. I did a programme in training practices through UNISA which included a module on conducting assessments. I was not able to register with ETDP Seta as an assessor and they advised that I register with the Services Seta directly. My registration was accepted by the Services Seta.

Simphiwe Mdikane
    Participant

That is correct Ermi, you register with your relevant SETA. The assessor course is an ETDP course within an accredited qualification. Once you obtain your qualification for assessor, then you can apply for registration within your SETA, unless ETDP is your SETA.

We can have the workshops, but I doubt they will help. The reason being, this industry is flooded by people not interested in training and skills transfer. They just saw an opportunity to make a quick buck.

These people who are misusing these terms, they are not new in the game, they’ve been here for donkey years. So, why don’t they know the difference?

Hi, my name is Simphiwe. I’m a registered Assessor with TETA and ETDP SETAs, a registered Moderator with TETA and my company is accredited with TETA. Does that make sense?

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Sylvia. Following training as an assessor the Statement of results is issued by the ETDP SETA.
    The qualified assessor then only registers with the SETA or SETA’s of their choice related to the qualification and or unit standard they wish to assess.

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Ernie
    See my response to sylvia. So what you were told is correct. The SETA you register with is the seta where the unit standards or qualifications you wish to assess are registered.

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi sylvia

See attached as requested

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media