Material development for QCTO qualifications

Front Page Looking For… Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) Material development for QCTO qualifications

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Des Squire
    Participant

If my understanding is correct, while there is no prescribed format laid down the intended content of the programme must be covered in full. However the requirements for the “External Integrated Summative Assessment” (EISA) must be met. QCTO lays great emphasis on the EISA but all other elements related to the Knowledge/Theory, Workplace and practical components must be met and verified before a learner can undertake the EISA test.

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Des,

Thanks for the comment – you are absolutely correct that all aspects in the curriculum document must be covered. I tend to forget some aspects to the detriment of others.

My gut feel is that the main emphasis should lie on the Practical Skills and Workplace Modules with the Knowledge Modules merely providing the skeleton on which the other two hang.

Bernard

Duncan Nemalili
    Participant

Thanks a lot Bernard ……..you’re such a blessing , just reading your post I got answered

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Duncan,

Thanks. If you want to, you can contact me at bothabe@telkomsa.net.

working on the OC’s and have cracked most of the issues; the major one is the ‘learning material’ – see Form 2.

Bernard

Marie Smith
    Participant

Petra
    There are currently no guidelines – and I doubt whether there will be in the near future. I have, however, just completed the materials for the full level 5 qualification OC: Learning and Development Practitioner, and can only say that it is quite an intense process. In addition to developing learner guides on all the Knowledge Components, you need to look at the curriculum requirements for the Practical and Workplace Experience components and ensure that in the learner guides you cover the requirements to prepare learners for their practical and workplace experience components, and also for the EISA exams, for which nobody can predict the format it at this stage. You need to build tools into the practical guides and workplace experience guides to guide both the learners and the “trainers” that will be allocated to them for these two components.

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media