Looking for volunteer eMentors

Front Page Looking For… Coaching & Mentoring Looking for volunteer eMentors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sophia Kousiakis 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Hi all,

As some of you know we are running a worthwhile programme called the New Futures programme. It is a youth employability project aiming to feed well rounded youth into the South Africa work force. It is a 5 month course and we are sponsored by Microsoft US thus a huge focus of the project is ICT skills which are prerequisite for most jobs now a days.

We are are in the second leg of the programme,with the first going very well. We are looking for more eMentors to participate.

Requirements and commitments:
    1. 5 month commitment to ‘chatting’ online via Skype / Messenger / todaysmeet.com once a week for 30 minutes.
    2. Regular emails to improve learner’s reading and written skills.
    3.One face to face meeting.

4. An interest in IT but any profession or background welcome.
    5. Commitment and patience.
    6.Employed.

If you are interested please contact me:
    Sophia Kousiakis
    sophia@schoolnet.org.za
    084 771 5992

Share on Social Media

Hi Sophia

I did offer my services once before on this programme. I wouldlike to offer them again. Best wishes- Jan
    QED Development Consulting
    jan@qed-developmetnconsulting.co.za
    T:011 326 0251
    C: 083 253 9384

Share on Social Media

Thanks Jan, I’ll mail you tomorrow.

Share on Social Media

I sent you an email Sophia. Hope to hear from you soon.

Share on Social Media

Sophia,

On 16 March we are hosting the 3rd Software Colloquium in Cape Town and I am responsible for the Skills Development agenda item. I am constantly surprised by the fantastic work that is being done around South Africa, and I feel the success stories are not always given enough airtime.

I would appreciate discussing this further, and of course I will gladly be an eMentor.

Regards,

Marius

chmdebeer@chmdebeer.co.za

Share on Social Media

This sounds very exciting Marius. I will email you tomorrow if that is all right?

Regards,
    Sophia

Marius de Beer said:

Sophia,

On 16 March we are hosting the 3rd Software Colloquium in Cape Town and I am responsible for the Skills Development agenda item. I am constantly surprised by the fantastic work that is being done around South Africa, and I feel the success stories are not always given enough airtime.

I would appreciate discussing this further, and of course I will gladly be an eMentor.

Regards,

Marius

chmdebeer@chmdebeer.co.za

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media