Legal Advice Please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tass Schwab
    Participant

I was recently hired by a well known Instructional Designer to complete work for him. I have delivered the material because the college that hired him was waiting for the work. So I develivered. He still owes me R 20 000 amd keeps on coming up with one excuse after the other, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Share on Social Media
    Patrick Mashawa
    Participant

I am in exactly the same situation as you, still owed since October 2020

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Wow Tass,
    Classic tale of having delivered, the motivation to make a payment is gone. What were the terms of the agreement with this “well known” person? Was there a signed agreement regarding the work you did? It appears that “well known” doesn’t necessarily mean trustworthy or honest. Way too many charlatans in this sector, proverbial wolves in sheep’s clothing. Always critical to retain an essential element of work delivered to keep the motivation to pay.

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Hi Nigel, we had a standard SLA, although in retropsect I should have asked for 50% up front like I usually do. He still has not paid me.

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Tass
    I suggest you advise him that payment is required within say 10 days failing which legal action will be taken and you will “Name and shame” on social media. Unfortunately you will need to get dirty on this one, no more “nice guy” approach.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Des Squire.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media