Learners and Maternity leave

Front Page Looking For… Training Service Providers Learners and Maternity leave

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MillieRasekoala 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

MillieRasekoala
    Participant

Hi colleagues
    I have a learner who is pregnant, due in a month, she is taking maternity leave. I do not have a problem with the leave but I am concerned about the fact that she will come back and not be able to complete the learnership. What normally happens in this situation? any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Share on Social Media

Themba Mhlambi
    Participant

Goo Day Millie

The Learner has been in the programme for how many months, again if she is doing workplace than what how many months is left because you cant take her out after checking all the above question.

thanks

Share on Social Media

Themba Mhlambi
    Participant

Good Day Millie

You have check how many months is left before she goes to Maternity Leave, again if she is doing workplace than how many months is left before the end of the programme. than you will be able to make a decision.

thanks

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Just wondering why she would not be able to complete the learnership. Did she indicate she would not. Or did her employer say she could not? I would think when she goes back to work she also will be able to continue, even though it might take her longer….

Share on Social Media

MillieRasekoala
    Participant

Thanks Themba. Much appreciated. we resolved the matter.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media