Is it necessary to be re-trainined regularly even though you are qualified

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators Is it necessary to be re-trainined regularly even though you are qualified

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 53 total)
  • Author

I would love to hear your opinions on the topic of re-training?

Here’s some food for thought:- If you are qualified as a doctor,mechanic, surgeon, lawyer, tea maker, driver, whatever – is it necessary to be retrained on the very things for which you are qualified on an ongoing basis? Does this not defeat the purpose of qualification and outcomes based education?

More specifically – as a driver – if you have a license and practice this skill every single day – is it necessary to retrain this very skill on an ongoing basis? Granted, one get’s lazy and we pick up bad habits (oh yes you do….) but then shouldn’t that be a performance management issue and not a training issue?

Let me know what you think?

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

RE-Training
    Hi tricia
    I think it can be refered as upgrading yes they all went through that some time it just to keep on your toes ,, remember unit standard change every time
    IIi

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

RE-Training
    Hi tricia
    I think it can be refered as upgrading yes they all went through that some time it just to keep on your toes ,, remember unit standard change every time
    IIi

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

RE-Training
    Hi tricia
    IIi

Hi Mmule,

I hear you… but in my mind upskilling one’s self on new additions, methods or processes is different to complete retraining?

mmule wilhemina sefara said:

RE-Training
    Hi tricia
    I think it can be refered as upgrading yes they all went throuh that some time it just to keep on your toes ,, remember unit standard change every time
    IIi
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media