Impact of QCTO withdrawal of SETA QA mandate – Services Seta

Front Page Looking For… Training Service Providers Impact of QCTO withdrawal of SETA QA mandate – Services Seta

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lynel Farrell 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you for heads up to Maryna Ritter – ASDSA

I have been told that some administrators have been resisting the QCTO assuming full responsibility for the quality assurance functions. It’s a bit like sitting on the beach and willing the tide not to come in. Make sure that your business strategy is future proof.

The attached letter from the Services Seta advises Skills Development Providers (SDP)s of the implications of the pending withdrawal of the QCTO mandate for quality assurance (QA) from the Service SETA – but the implications will follow for other SETAs, who may not have communicated with providers.

SDPs are advised to ensure that they position themselves and their services appropriately –

• be aware of the implications for historically registered qualification (HRQ)s – also known as legacy qualifications – and the end dates
    • check whether the legacy qualification you offer has been reworked into the new QCTO Occupational Qualification (OQ) format
    • if not already in your business strategy – plan to move towards the reworked and new OCs, and seek accreditation via the QCTO.

The changes have implications for assessors and moderators – and the same steps should be followed – to ensure that you are future-ready to provide services to the future qualifications.

Please see attached the Services Seta notice on accreditation end dates.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Thank you so much Sylvia. I truly hope that all the other SETAs will follow the same communication. I have only seen the Services Seta communication, and no other as yet.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media