Department of Labour announcement:
“The minimum wage for South Africa’s vulnerable sector of hospitality has been revised upward with effect from 01 July 2017.
The new Hospitality Sectoral Determination which governs minimum wage rate in the sector will be effective until 30 June 2018.
The minimum rate for employers with 10 or less employees will be a monthly wage of R3 193.12 (2016/2017: R2 959.35); a weekly rate of R736.92 (2016/2017: R689.97); and an hourly rate of R16.36 (2016/2017: R15.17).
The new wages for employers with more than 10 employees will be a minimum monthly rate of R3 559.10 (2016/2017: R3 298.52); a weekly rate of R821.34 (2016/2017: R761.25); and an hourly rate of R18.25 (2016/2017: R16.91).
The latest increase was arrived at using the consumer price index of 6.4 percent plus 1.5 percent. The total increase is 7.9 percent.” Department of Labour announcement
See attached file for the 2016 Government Gazette, which provided for increases in 2017 and 2018.