Hi, can some help me please?

Front Page Looking For… Recruitment & Careers Service Providers Hi, can some help me please?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, My name is Hendrick. I have been living in Japan for the last five years. I am going back to South Africa this month. I will need to secure employment in the education and training department. I hold both junior and senior educational degrees. I consider my self very smart guy who loves to challenge anything new. I am open to anything that can help keep my family surviving. I am desperate, please someone help. I will really appreciate your help.
    Kind regards
    Hendrick

Share on Social Media

Hi Hendrick,
    Glad to hear that you’re coming back – we need all the skilled South Africans to come back home.
    What city will you be coming back to?
    Have a look at our new site – it’s only just getting started but maybe you’ll find something of interest there.
    http://www.thecareersportal.co.za
    Also have a look at the job vacancies on http://www.skillsportal.co.za
    Good luck
    sylvia

Hi Hendrick,
    This is an exciting time to come back to SA. Consider what your perfect job would look like here in South Africa. What would you love to be doing? Picture it in your mind with as much detail as possible and then write it down where you can see it everyday. Where in SA would you want to work? What does a typical day look like for you? How much do you want to earn? What kind of people work with you? What kind of organisation matches your own personal philosophy and values? Also consider which organisations you would definitely not work for.
    Think about the skills and knowledge you have, not just formal education, but also the things you learnt whilst working in Japan – working with different cultures, international exposure, navigating your way around unfamiliar environments, etc.
    One of the most important tools you need to put together is your CV – your own personal marketing brochure. It should be more than just a list of jobs you’ve had, and should reflect the value you can add to an organisation.
    Consider creating a profile on LinkedIn as well as listing with various on-line recruitment agencies.
    Start making a list with all the organisations you’d like to work for and send them your CV together with a letter of introduction. First prize would be to get an appointment with the hiring manager at that organisation. Many organisations have a careers section on their site, do list your information there.
    Best of luck with finding the work you love.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media