Has NATED gone to QCTO?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amanda van Heerden 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Bernard Botha
    Participant

My name is Bernard Botha and I act as a consultant to private FET Colleges – among other preparing the Letter of Intent for Umalusi and then the POE.  In the LOE one has to indicate what courses the college intends offering, such as NC(V) and NATED.

On completion of the Umalusi process they forward the file to the DHET to among other issue an examination centre number – which one has to have to offer NATED.

On a recent application Umalusi only indicated the NC(V) and not the NATED courses – on questioning this I was told that NATED had now gone to QCTO.  I have tried to find out more about this but there is no information on this pending move.  The FAQ on QCTO does not mention anything like this and if I read the FAQ correctly the NATED as it stands today does not meet the QCTO requirement of a practical component.

Does anybody have more on this?  

I have not dealt with QCTO yet (are they operational?) but if they can replace Umalusi that will be a godsend.

Bernard Botha

Share on Social Media

I attended an Umalusi workshop and we were informed that all N1 to N6 Nated programmes now resort under QCTO – A Government Gazette to this effect waspublished on 2 August 2013

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Thanks Amanda.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Bernard,

The QCTO is now definitely operational.  However, there are various quality councils Umalusi remains, as does the CHE and the QCTO, which deals with the occupationally directed education and training so the NATED courses do fit under QCTO.

Please see attached a comprehensive Government Notice issued by SAQA.  Thanks for the reference Amanda.

Share on Social Media

Carel Ballack
    Participant

Hi Bernard

Do you know of a decentralized trade test centre for plumbers in Bloemfontein. We get quite a number of enquiries and would like to forward the details if you would know of any.

Kind Regards

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Carel,

Please give me a call on 051-553-0008 or 071-940-8445 re the decentralised trade test centre for plumbers.

Bernard

Share on Social Media

Bernard Botha
    Participant

Carel,

Kan jy my asseblief jou epos adres gee.  My epos is bothabe@telkomsa.net.

Het navraag gedoen oor die plek in Bloemfontein, die maandelikse huur is R35 000 en die gebou behoort aan ‘n trust so dit mag glo nie verkoop word nie.

Het ook gesoek na die nuwe vaktoets maar kry niks op die internet nie.

Dankie

Bernard

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media

One thought on “Has NATED gone to QCTO?

• Wilma de Villiers

A new group of students started this week (Level 5 Higher Certificate in ECD).  As training provider we inform our students about career possibilities and their career path when they enroll.

The students were shocked to hear what the majority of people are earning, people that are employed at ECD sites.  In most cases the ECD sites are in poor or previously disadvantaged communities … the finances are not available to pay the staff higher salaries.

Government/ Education keep on writing/ complaining about the low literacy and numeracy levels, but then there is no funding available to pay reception year teachers.  I am sure that they know that a good foundation is necessary. 

Comments are closed.