First draft of letter to Minister Pandor and DHET

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators First draft of letter to Minister Pandor and DHET

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

As promised, please see attached the first draft of a letter to Minister Pandor and DHET. The content includes comments from skills-universe site and personal emails.
    Please reply with your critisms, opinions, suggested changes and content. Alternatively, if you don’t want your identity to be known, please email me your contribution on shammond@iafrica.com
    Thank you.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gail Gibson
    Participant

A very nice letter. Thank you Sylvia.

Share on Social Media

Well said and you make very valid points.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you for your comments Gail and Sonet, and to all those who have sent personal emails.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Sylvia, I think you have covered all bases. this is a great letter. Can it somehow be submitted with a list of signatories to give it some additional power and weight?
    Just a thought

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Good morning Des,
      Thank you. Unfortunately, being ill has caused me to be weeks behind where I expected to be, and I did not submit it as I wanted to do straight after the submissions.
      I have been considering whether it should go to the NSA. Please see the NSA discussion document – I will post it now in a separate discussion, but I think this would be better submitted in response.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia, great letter. Something else that happened because of the WSP’s, we could not access the systems for online accreditation’s with SSETA, so we had mega delays in submissions. So moving the dates, and better systems all round is really needed.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks Tass, thanks for adding. Yes the downtime on the SETAs was a major issue.

Share on Social Media

Lerato Monyatsi
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia. A thorough letter with great recommendations. Goodness I need my April holidays back, it used to make so much sense to submit on 30 June. Please inbox me your private email address (or can I inbox you here) I’d like to add something on the letter concerning my submission both last year and this year in this specific sector and the frustrations that still have not been resolved 3 years later.

Thanks
    Lerato

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media