ETDP ACCREDITATION

Front Page Looking For… ETDP SETA ETDP ACCREDITATION

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tass Schwab 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Adel Griesel
    Participant

Hi All. Can anybody please assist with me. We’ve submitted a form for Phase A more than 8 weeks ago. When my team follows up via telephone then the answers is plain and simple.. we don’t know if phase A is in place we will confirm. There is 3 phases, will this take a year if one phase will take 2 months? Can somebody please see if they give me an alternative contact person and also, their offices now are in Braamfontein as per contact at ETDP Seta. Does anybody have a correct address so that i can go and see them? your assistance would be highly appreciated.

Share on Social Media

Hi, Adel, why don’t you just apply directly to the QCTO, rather?

Share on Social Media

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

I am now at home and don’t have the details here.  I spoke to somebody by the name LESLEY on Monday.  He started new in the position but was trying to help.  I then directed my questions at the quality manager, Mohamed and he directed me to Herman Lekota.  I am now waiting for his response.

After submitting it seems as if the processes changed and I am trying to find out what the steps are.

The qualification is a legacy one and we need to go through ETDP SETA accredidation.

Someone informed me that they are going to move again – must be challenging for the staff to move twice in such a short period of time and I don’t think they are able to unpack everything that they moved last year.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Adel, you are more than welcome to email me:  lynel.farrell@gmail.com – I might be able to give you some recommendations on this!

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Agree Wilma, any SETA that moves from one building to another is no joke.  I am very fortunate to have experienced that myself.  Wow, the amount of boxes, cupboards, documents, files is unbelievable.  It is not the easiest job, when every single box must be marked per department, per desk !  I am pleased that I experienced that, but glad I don’t have to ever face that nightmare ever again in my life!

Share on Social Media

Jabu Mdakane
    Participant

Hi Lynel. I am in the same dilemma as Adel. Can you please assist me too.

Regards

Jabu

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Jabu, I wonder how many providers are currently experiencing this?  Is this something that needs to go to the QA Manager, the CEO or to the QCTO?  Something just doesn’t seem right, but I cannot put my finger on it.  What is the concern?  That applications are submitted and there is no outcome after 2 months?  Is there an indication of turnaround time for Phase 1 and Phase 2?

Share on Social Media

Jabu Mdakane
    Participant

Phase 1. What is the turn aound time? who to talk to at ETDP to find out where the process is re application submitted? Can one apply directly to QCTO? If yes, how?

Regards

Share on Social Media

Hi Jabu. The skills provider application form is available on the QCTO website. http://www.qcto.org.za/index.php/skillsdevelopment-provider-accreditation-application-form?layout=table   

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Jabu, well this is the question.  Is there any indication when you started phase 1, what the turnaround time is? 

I understand that the ETDP Seta have moved offices (not sure when this happened), so there will be delays in various submissions, which is understandable – but communication is of utmost importance.  So, I hear you load and clear.

Can you apply directly to the QCTO?  If you mean complain to the QCTO, then I would say NO.  First you need to follow the reporting line, which is how it should be.  If the person you are dealing is not responding to your requests/emails/calls, then you email the QA Manager (if the QA Manager does not respond to you, then you email the CEO of the SETA.  If the CEO does not respond to you, then by all means, you take all this evidence of your requests to the QCTO to take action.

Please note: phone calls and verbal communication is not evidence – so please ensure that you email, do your read/receipts and keep every attempt on record.  No record or evidence of your attempts, will in fact bring you nowhere, with just frustration.

I hope this helps

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

On another note:  what is the new address of the ETDP Seta?  Anybody ?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Wilma!  I found the ETDP Seta Accreditation process – please see if you can open this link – if not then I will save the document and re-post it.  So, if Lesley tried to assist you (acknowledging that he is new) and referred this to Herman Letoka – then you need to follow up with him (don’t bother phoning, only email – to keep a track of your follow ups).  If he doesn’t get back to you in 48hours, then you email Mr Sader (he normally gets back very quickly) Well, this is what I remember from the last Provider Intervention – but I have not followed up after that.  I was under the impression that things started getting back on track.

http://www.etdpseta.org.za/images/stories/docs/0052_ETDPSETA%20ACCREDITATION%20PROCESS%20FLOWS%20CHARTS.pdf

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Jabu, if I was working at the SETA, I would have thought that phase A would take a maximum of 1 week only.  However, I do not work in the SETA, but this should be a quick process for sure.  Phase A is the quickest process, so I cannot see what the hold up will be with just the Intent to be ETDP SETA accredited.  The complete process, if the staff is well educated should not take longer than 3 months (that is now from the first letter of intent right through to the site visit and the final outcome).

This is not a complicated application to evaluate.  It is either the staff is on a slow-go (and need to be given final warnings or direct suspension) or they just don’t have capacity to deal with the number of providers requesting Phase A.

Overall, not acceptable.  Whatever you do, follow the reporting line.  The first contact, then the senior or head of department, then the Manager of the department, then the CEO – but keep a trail of all your attempts, names of staff not responding to you and take this further.  You have a business to run, and wasted time, is money in the water.  You could have already employed individuals, but now you are losing business.  Not acceptable at all.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Adel, to whom did you forward your Phase A?  It is virtually impossible to wait 8 weeks for the first steps to be finalised.  Something is wrong here.  Just the fact that ETDP staff will say:  we don’t know …….  stops me and give a glare – that is not what you answer to a client/provider/learner/employer. 

Did you take this up with Herman Letoka, if I am correct (and I apologise if I am wrong) isn’t he the head of the department regarding accreditation.  I haven’t looked at the organogram of who is who, and who is doing what.  But the last time I checked, Herman was in charge of the Accreditation. 

Was there any changes in the department?  I hope, I am not making a fool out of myself (if so), then I apologise for the inconvenience.  The DHET applications are now in full swing, so I might have missed some information the past couple of months.

Share on Social Media

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

Thanks for the link, Lynne. My challenge is that the processes changed after I submitted.  I followed the steps that the SETA instructed me to do. 

I read that other people have the same question – what is the time period?  That also changed after I was informed at the end of last year that the outcome will be made available on 29 February 2017 (guessed that it would then be 1 March)

Share on Social Media

Adel Griesel
      Participant

Dear Members,

Thank your for all of the responses. I was out of the country since my last post and I came back – found a new site that that looks awesome but I need to work around the “where to reply” button is LOL and found all of these comments. I’m actually very shocked to see that we are not the only provider that battle like this. ETDPSeta was one of the top notch SETA’s out of the 21. . My office phone them once a week to get feedback on the so called phased A – going now for month 4. In these 4 months, we got MICTSeta accreditation, HWSeta accreditation, and MerSeta. Believe it or not. This is so sad for me. I don’t want to follow the QCTO route as yet. I am familiar with the process however, convincing clients is a different tune. My corporates and NGO’s wants SOR in ETDP Level 5 from ETDP SETA for now. I did try to convince otherwise however, the client prefer the SETA route for now. I need to get this in place fast and it seems there is others as well. I’m even prepared to go and visit a senior person at ETDPSeta to show them the ripple effect of this bad services. Phase A which is app form 4 months. I mean really!!
      Lynn – to take you up on your offer – we did not mail mohammed. We however correspond with Khayalethu Goloda <KhayalethuG@etdpseta.org.za>
      Number: 011 0287217
      Address: 41 Wordsworth avenue Sunderwood Bedfordview
      but he keeps on saying they are waiting for feedback and evaluation on phase A. Now, I need to understand.. Evaluation of what? Phase A is ONLY contact details, name surnames, and Qual layout. So what on earth are they evaluating? I will mail you. If any other member get some joy here please let me know. If I’m successful before you I will advise on this post.

Thanks
      Adel Griesel
      AG Consulting
      adel@agtrainingconsulting.co.za

Share on Social Media
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Adel Griesel.

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Wilma, who is taking up these applications?  Let’s get to the names and take it forward.  This is hurting business, so this is not acceptable. 

I don’t see a time or turnaround time per Phase – that should be taken up with the ETDP Seta – clearly this is needed, so that you don’t waste time on following up.  So there is a guidelines and phases – but there must be a turnaround time per phase – it is not rocket science.

This is when I wish I was still in the SETA, as I never had emails outstanding – always on top of things. 

Let’s see if there is more feedback then I will try to assist to get the process going for you.  Not sure if the ETDP SETA will accept my emails, but I will always try to help

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Good day Dr Jacqueline

Pardon me if this is a stupid question. But if one wants to apply with QCTO, do you only apply for the qualifications that is registered with them, or can you apply for any qualification? As I have gone through their list of qualifications and it is not really what we are looking to offer. Most of our qualifications is either SSeta or ETDP Seta qualifications. So how does this work. Or could you refer me to the relevant reading to go read up on this?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Fiona, may I jump in here!?  One thing that is always welcome, is questions.  No question is stupid – I am normally the one asking weird questions (but don’t mind it at all).  If there is an occupational qualification on the QCTO website that you are running (but still using the legacy qualification) then you apply for accreditation to the QCTO for that specific qualification.  If your qualifications have not been aligned as yet, then you don’t apply for accreditation and you remain accredited with the SETA or SETAs until such time that your “programmes are aligned”.

So, yes!  You only start the process in applying for accreditation to the QCTO once your qualification is aligned.  You need to go to the QCTO website often to just check the list, as it increases.

Your understanding is 100% if it is not, then I have many of white flags in my house, I will wave it (no problem).  This is also the reason why the SETAs license is extended till 2020 – it gives sufficient time to align all the other qualifications.  The list have increased with a speed in the last year, so I think this is something to look forward to.  Positive thoughts, positive thoughts and there I am stuck on repeat!

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Ok thanks Lynel. So then we should anyway start with the ETDP seta accreditation first and cant just skip to QCTO right? We just register with QCTO and that is different to accreditation. We can run a legitimate training provider with only registration with QCTO right?

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hey Fiona!  Ok, you are running in different directions, take one step back!  Hokaaaaai.

If you want to offer legacy qualifications which is not on the QCTO website, get your accreditation application in (FAST), follow up, keep track of your mails – be a pain, ensure you get responses.  Don’t give up – be very strict on your progress.  If your “legacy” qualification is not aligned to the occupational qualification – then you will waste time and resources (and money) for nothing – don’t waste your time and money. 

You do not register with the QCTO, you apply for accreditation to the QCTO per occupational qualification.

You register with the DHET (but you can’t register as a Skills Development Provider at the DHET if you do not have any accreditation) – very important.

If you are accredited with the QCTO, then you can offer that training, and if you are accredited with a SETA for legacy qualifications, you may offer this of course.

Look, you need to take one step at a time.  Don’t mix the accreditations and registrations up, it will just frustrate you.  Do the one first, wait for the alignment to be done, and once that is done, you jump on that accreditation to the QCTO as if it will be lost (but it won’t).  The QCTO accreditation will NOT be anything as stressful as the SETA accreditations!!  Something to look forward to for sure.  Again, positive thoughts Fiona, positive thoughts.  Let’s attract those positive thoughts as much as we can – stuck on repeat again tonight – it has been a long day.  Ok, gotto continue with applications before I get into trouble.

Share on Social Media

Fiona de Beer Nel
    Participant

Thanks Lynel.

Ok another question. The legacy quals you are referring to, is this the old quals? Then is there a list of what the QCTO is going to still align? As how do I know the legacy qual will be aligned to an occupational qual, or does it not work like that

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

No problem.  We are both learning in this process, and so do others.

The legacy qualifications are the ones that have unit standards (fundamentals, core and electives) the ones we have learned to love/hate over the years.  Yes, the original SAQA ones.  The normal qualifications if you must.  Well, I don’t have the list that still needs to be done.  How I understand this, is that there were 2500 SAQA legacy qualifications – once all the duplicates have been aligned, there will be something like 750 occupational qualifications.

In the beginning going back some erm………. 6/7 years ago, the process started, whereby various stakeholders were invited to start an occupational qualification.  It clearly did not work out, as each one wanted it different – they did not look at aligning the legacy qualifications to the occupational qualifications – and so, it failed completely.  Stakeholders started fading away.  And one occupational qualification was in neutral gear for years.  It just didn’t work.  You know, time is money.  And having a bunch of experts that has never been in the field or even current, just created frustration.

so the process did not work at all.  Now, they are taking the legacy qualifications, and pulling information from there (everybody knows the outcomes, right) and then make additions to generic functions within the occupation to suit all and not just some.  What it looks like now in the end, i would love to see it now – be part of one group again, see the improvement of the process.  But this Is something that Dr Jax might give to us.  I have been in hiding too long.

A lot to take in (and if there is spelling mistakes in this comment, move on, and delete it.  I am so glad I did say that today was a long day for me – and so we continue …………..  ok, gotto go back to work.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Hello, We submitted for a client to ETDP in October last year. The boxes sat in Cape Town till Jan, we still have no idea who to get this process moving through phase A and its May already. We get vague answers all the time. Please – does ANYONE have an email address we can use?

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

We submitted in October, and have had numerous follow ups. Another email address or phone number will be helpful for us too.

Share on Social Media
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Tass Schwab.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media