Endorsement Process with MICT SETA

Front Page Looking For… MICT Seta Endorsement Process with MICT SETA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tass Schwab 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Tass Schwab
    Participant

We have a client that wishes to purchase a large number of MICT SETA Qualifications, and was advised by MICT SETA that the material can go through an endorsement process before they purchase. So far no one has responded to my emails that this is possible, even though I was referred to someone to whom I emailed. Has anyone ever take their material for endorsement? How is this done? And who can I ask?

Share on Social Media

Heidi D Edwards
    Participant

Hi Tass,

Charlton Philiso is the person with whom you should speak.

Share on Social Media

Ashwin Heerachund
    Participant

Hi Charlton does turn around queries rather quickly.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Thank you Heidi and Ashwin, do you have contact details for me? You are welcome to email me them material@creatividad.co.za

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Tass, just wanted to ask, did you get any further with this issue?  I have not encountered learning material approval from a Seta side, before purchasing – it is interesting.  Please share any further information, if you have!!

Share on Social Media

Heidi D Edwards
    Participant

Hi there,

The MICT SETA used to endorse Learning Material but unfortunately they have no formal process in place for such a function.

Something else that this particular has done in the past is to issue (undated) Letters of Good standing to material developers where (in my opinion) such letters were of no use to man or beast as they were issued randomly.

That notwithstanding – I know of brilliant Developers who have taken the time to work with the SETAs and in particular with Evaluators to ensure that their material is developed according to SETA expectations.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Heidi, please could you give me more info on: Letters of Good Standing.  Who issued that?  The only letters of good standing I have seen is from SARS, but that has nothing to do with learning material.  So I read your input with interest on this topic.

Share on Social Media

Heidi D Edwards
    Participant

Hi Lynel,

Over the past to years the MICT SETA has (in some instances) issued Letters of Good Standing to some material developers, where such developers (or providers of material) have developed their material according to the MICT SETA’s requirements.

I don’t know whether such letters were issued under a formal process OR merely because the Provider / Developer asked for endorsement of their material.

Would be interesting to have this discussion with Charlton.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Heidi, I don’t know who Charlton is, but this is a nice idea ……… there goes my thoughts running in many different directions.  Wouldn’t that be nice if all Setas had such a function to issue Letters of Good Standing (whereby the QCTO endorses the requirements and guidelines) with expiry dates – this could really be some solution to many.  Is it possible, hmm highly unlikely, the capacity is a problem, but what a brilliant idea.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

The strange thing is that Nambita from MICT SETA, visited our large client, advised them that we as the developers should do this – in order to speed up the accreditation process once they have purchased from us. On emailing Nambita from MICT SETA Cape Town office, I was referred to  Siphesihle. And no one has answered my emails yet (3 weeks) and neither have any of them said that it is not possible.

I have emailed Charlton and have not had a reply yet. 

I am beginning to wonder if this is a Ghost idea? 

Share on Social Media

Heidi D Edwards
    Participant

Hy Lynel,

Charlton’s details hereunder.

He is an extraordinary man – empathetic, professional, learned, knowledgeable, solutions-driven, professional, friendly, hard-working AND serious about fulfilling the needs of the constituency.

Charlton Philiso – MICT SETA – Senior Manager: Quality Assurance

011 207 2600
    Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I surely hope not Tass, I think it is a brilliant idea.  It will also close some gaps and put a stop to bad practices!  Learning Material in any Seta is a timeous exercise and many “man-hours”, whereas this will give the opportunity to speed up the process.  I haven’t seen such a letter before, but I am all for that and will back that up 100% – working smarter, not harder

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Heidi, thank you so much for the details – Tass!!  Get hold of this hero!  Heidi, do you perhaps know of the person who started this process, gave the idea?  Whoever that is, this person deserves some acknowledgement for sure.  give him/her a Bells!!

Share on Social Media

Heidi D Edwards
    Participant

Not sure, Charlton will know.

Bells / glass of Merlot / G&T – I agree.

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I think I am going to send this man an email.  It seems that he is very approachable (as I have read in this forum).  It is always great to read positive comments about Seta staff, and clearly they must be acknowledged for their hard work.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Mailed him yesterday, I look forward to his advice. If not I will use the phone number. Awesome!

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Yes, I would agree with your description – when I was working with a company in MICT I found the SETA very efficient and Charlton definitely one of the best SETA staff. 

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

It would have been nice if we had the power to clone him

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Hello all the wonderful Skills Universe members that responded! We have an answer! Thanks to Charlton (bless this man!) who directed me to the right person to ask the question. And here is the response.

Dear Tass,

Thank you for the email.

Please note that we do not “do endorsements for material pre accreditation”. We do not have a formal process or legislative guide to do this. We have done the following in the past:

1. We have allowed material developers to submit materials to us for evaluation. Once evaluated we are able to pronounce whether the material is aligned to the specific unit standards or not. In other words, we are able to tell if the material can be used by an aspirant Training Provider seeking accreditation from us. Once happy with the material we would then issue a letter of approval indicating that the said material is aligned and can be used for a particular qualification. The material developer will then go an sell his material to whoever is interested.

2. We developed a list of all the materials that we evaluated as submitted by Training Providers. This enabled us to improve the turnaround times for accreditation as we would know if we have evaluated the material or not.

We have since stopped this as it creates problems with clients. Most clients want us to recommend a materials developer and in most cases we cannot do that (working for public entity etc).

Regards,
    Cikizwa Roto

Share on Social Media

Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Tass, the reply is well explained and I agree that they cannot recommend material developers.  It is a very big risk.  Glad they responded and cleared this.

Share on Social Media

Each and every Learning material must be endorsed by MICTSETA before they accredit it. The Developer need to take the materials to MICTSETA so that they must be evaluated.

Share on Social Media

Tass Schwab
    Participant

Hello Limbani. MICT SETA no longer does this anymore, please see my earlier post with MICT SETA email response. Thank you for your reply though.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media