Employment Equity

Front Page Looking For… Employment Equity Employment Equity

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Skills Universe 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

I have 2 questions for those who complete the employment equity reports.

1.  Under Section D – Skills Development

What is your understanding of the Skills Development in this section. 

I want to know if you only put the equity training in this section. i.e. Equity training courses, Diversity training.  HIV and Aids training etc.

Most of the training done also assists in achieving your goals etc in the company. Like sending staff on training to enhance their skills etc.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Skills development in this section refers to any training conducted or planned, the purpose of which is to up skill, multiskill or improve the skills or qualifications of anyone from the various designated groups. This will also include training of your EE committee should you have one in place.  

Share on Social Media

Thank you Des

Share on Social Media

As long the training adds to your overall goals and tarkets of the Company from the past two years. Meaning the training has assisted you in reaching those goals and tarkets.

Share on Social Media

Des, do you have an idea where i could find the lastest regional/national demograghics? I only have September 2009. To your knowledge has there been changes?

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Have a look at ths link also
    http://www.statssa.gov.za/publications/statsdownload.asp?PPN=P0302&SCH=4986

Des Squire said:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILOF THE NATIONAL AND REGIONAL ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE POPULATION AND WHERE TO FIND THEM?

Statistics South Africa provides demographic data using Labour Force Surveys from time to time.  The Labour Force Surveys (LFS) that is normally released quarterly provides statistics on the national and provincial Economically Active Population (EAP) in terms of race and gender. Employers can access this information directly from Statistics South Africa.  This information must be used by employers when consulting with employees, conducting an analysis and when preparing and implementing Employment Equity Plans

Share on Social Media

Thanks so much Des!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

If its the first time you are reporting (and you have a new EE plan), do leave the skills development part blank?

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

If its the first time you are reporting (and you have a new EE plan), do leave the skills development part blank?

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Hi !

Employment Equity : EEA2

Section D : Skills Development refers to Skills Training (Work Related Training).

This is seperate from EE, Diversity and Discrimination Training which must be reported on page 10 of 12 of the EEA2 (Section F : Par 10.1)

For more information : http://www.eeconsult.co.za

Kind Regards

Jonieta Visser

Share on Social Media

Hi,

This is Pavan from Infoesearch. We are an outsourcing company in India and we provide content moderation services to our clients. I’d like to know if it is possible for you to get content moderation work to our company so that we can work together. Kindly let me know your interest so that we can move further. Waiting for your positive response.

Thank You.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media

One thought on “Employment Equity

• Gavin Tonks

The housing issue is an interesting one as I have a new squatter camp in front of me. We have found it is a cheap “close to work” solution for people who cannot afford travel. It is also a place where many residents from other countries work hard to suspend the normal laws of the land providing a convenient and outside the law place to run illegal business.

We need to look at affordable temporary accommodation as many people main residence is in rural areas. many people anything up to 60% reside in other countries. Shack farming is a reality with many shacks having another two which provide rental income between R200.00 and R600.00 a month.

Many people have homes but rent them out to foreigners and live cheaply in the squatter camps. It is not always what it seems and large sums of money change hands. Plots cost from r600.00 to R3500.00 when people are moved ensuring the next level of residents a chance at a house.

We have found many people actually have homes and the confusion between marriage and children s names creates opportunity for families to ammas a number of homes.

We need to address the real reason affordable temporary accommodation that access work opportunity.

Comments are closed.