Employment Equity Plans

Front Page Looking For… Employment Equity Employment Equity Plans

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Skills Universe 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

We had a CC with approximately 300 employees.  We have submitted our annual EE Plans according to regulations.  However, since November 2009, we have established two new companies (Pty Ltd), which will eventually take over the business from the CC as the CC will phase out in about a year.  All our employees are paid from the two companies and not the CC anymore, which implies that the CC has no more employees.

My question is, how will this affect my submission of the EE plan, considering the following:

a.       The CC  has no more employees, but still exits.

b.      One of the companies has about 250 employees, and the other company has about 50 employees.

Must I submit an EE Plan for the CC?

Must I inform the Department of Labour of the above?

Kind regards

Sean

Share on Social Media

Moegsien Harris
    Participant

– Inform the Department on the changes.
    – Submit a nil report but cross reference with the new companies that you will submit EE plans for.
    – The 250 employees is obviously an annual submission whereas the 50 employee is bi – annual submission (please check with Department of Labour)

All the best !

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sean
    I see that you have posted this question ages ago and I’m sure that you have been assisted since then but I noticed that one of the answers to your query was not 100% correct and felt that I should provide you with the correct information.

The cc does not need an EE Plan. The company that has 250 employees’s plan should have been submitted within 6 months of its inception. The company with “about 50” employees – 50 or more then the EE Plan must be submitted within 12 months of its inception, 49 employees or less then its not necessary to submit unless your turnover exceeds certain limits dependant on your industry sector.
    Please feel free to mail me if you have any queries.
    Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sean
    I see that you have posted this question ages ago and I’m sure that you have been assisted since then but I noticed that one of the answers to your query was not 100% correct and felt that I should provide you with the correct information.

The cc does not need an EE Plan. The company that has 250 employees’s plan should have been submitted within 6 months of its inception. The company with “about 50” employees – 50 or more then the EE Plan must be submitted within 12 months of its inception, 49 employees or less then its not necessary to submit unless your turnover exceeds certain limits dependant on your industry sector.
    Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sean

Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sean

Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sean

Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Chantell
    Although your numbers for size of company are correct, the wording is not accurate.

I believe that what you are referring to is the EE Report, which is either submitted annually or every two years.

The Plan contains all the detailed background information for the report and is kept at the company. The Plan should be available when the department of Labour EE inspector schedules a visit.

Chantell said:

Hi Sean

Best Wishes

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvia – you are of course correct! And whether you are dealing with the report or the plan – clarity is vital. So thank you!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvia – you are of course correct! And whether you are dealing with the report or the plan – clarity is vital. So thank you!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

Thanks Sylvia, Chantell and Moegsien. Appreciate your effort and I understand what must be done.
    Kind regards

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media

One thought on “Employment Equity Plans

Comments are closed.