ECD WORK-INTEGRATED LEARNING DURING LOCK-DOWN

Front Page Looking For… The Learnership Group ECD WORK-INTEGRATED LEARNING DURING LOCK-DOWN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

The Early Childhood Development learners need to be 75% of the notional hours of the qualification at an ECD site (workplace). The challenge is now to overcome this problem during lock-down because ECD sites are closed and will stay closed during level 4. It is also not clear if they will be allowed to open under level 3.
    The duration of the training cannot be extended due to various reasons, e.g limited funding. I was wondering what other training providers are doing regarding work-integrated learning.
    I have requested guidance from the ETDP SETA and raised questions, e.g. can one make use of more case studies and questioning to make up for the missed notional hours.
    I do realize that they need experience in the workplace but one will now have to think out of the box and take the special circumstances into consideration.

Share on Social Media
    Abigail Marere
    Participant

Thank you so much for raising that. I am a new ECD Training Provider and my first intake was in January this year. I was worried about the practicals as well. Thank you so much

Would appreciate it if you can also share the outcomes you will get from the Seta

Wilma de Villiers
    Participant

The ETDP SETA responded to my enquiry. They met last week regarding the matter. Providers will have to apply to change the programme. Documents will be provided that must be completed and submitted.
    The positive is that there is progress but now forms need to be developed, provider must complete the forms & submit to the ETPD SETA. The SETA will then go through the documents to decide if it will be approved or not.

I do understand that there must be a standard but we are in challenging times and I am concerned that the processes are going to take long.

Abigail Marere
    Participant

Thank you so much for sharing the information. So this new programme that we can apply to change will be a completely new thing or we are just removing the practicals part

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media