DHET SETA – coronavirus guidelines

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators DHET SETA – coronavirus guidelines

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

I have received the attached document – I am unsure of its status as it is entitled “Draft”, and the last page does not have the intended contact details.

However, looking at sections 41, and 42.9 there is an advice to the SETAs to extend the WSP/ATR submission date until 31 May 2020. So I have published for that reason.

I am not entirely clear whether the guidelines then anticipate that each SETA will individually confirm that to their stakeholders. Many have – some are still outstanding.

Appreciate it if anyone can provide confirmation on this. Thank you.

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Marlie Spencer
      Participant

Hi Sylvia,

I can confirm that we as SETAs received the document last week for comment and input. The final document hasn’t been made available as of yet. Some of the SETAs, like FoodBev, are waiting for the final document before extending the deadline, otherwise we will be in contravention of the regulations. Application for extension is however open at FoodBev. We hope the final document will be published soon as it will simplify things a great deal.

Share on Social Media
        sylvia hammond
        Keymaster

Thank you Marlie, I really appreciate your response and clarification.

I am not sure I understand about the Regulations. If it would be a contravention of the existing Regulations, how is it that so many of the SETAs have already issued an extension?

On the applications, yes on a personal note I have submitted 2 applications, but have not received responses.

Share on Social Media
      Marlie Spencer
      Participant

Hi Sylvia,

The Regulations section 4(8) states:
      A SETA Accounting Authority may grant an extension up to a maximum period of one month from the date contemplated in sub-regulation (2) for late submission of an application for a mandatory grant subject to a written request by a levy paying employer.

I’m not sure on what basis the other SETAs are giving a blanket extension.

In terms of the applications: those will be submitted to the new FoodBev SETA Board for approval after the extension deadline.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Excellent Marlie – just what I needed to know on both counts.
      Thank you.
      Stay safe

Share on Social Media
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media