DHET Registration

Front Page Looking For… Accreditation Processes DHET Registration

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andre Du Toit
    Participant

Hi, just a quick question plz, if a college is accredited for New Venture Creation level 4 by a SETA and registered with QCTO, do they still have to register with DHET?

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Good day Andre,
    If a Private College/Skills Development Provider are accredited by both SETA and QCTO then they need to ensure that their accreditation remains valid and current. Private Colleges/Skills Development Providers do not need to Register with the DHET at this stage (the application for registration was revoked on the 7th February 2020 and gazetted). The only time that a Private College/Skills Development Provider need to register with the DHET is when they are Accredited by CHE (Council of Higher Education) and/or Umalusi. I hope this answers your question.

Andre Du Toit
    Participant

Thanks Lynel, I appreciate the response. We are looking at applying for an extension of scope for our online course offerings, do you perhaps know where we can find out which SETAS provide learning material, and if yes where can I look

Thanks
    Andre

Lynel Farrell
    Keymaster

Good day Andre,
    You are most welcome.
    In order to find out which learning material is available, you will have to engage with each SETA – I don’t have a list of materials that are available per SETA.

Andre Du Toit
    Participant

Thanks for the support Lynel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media