DHET Q & A Measures to Phase out Lockdown

Front Page Looking For… Post-school Education & Training – including TVET DHET Q & A Measures to Phase out Lockdown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) has published a Question & Answer document on measures to phase out the lockdown and phase in.

Please also see in conjunction with the Communique to Private Colleges Regarding their State of Readiness to Resume 2020 Academic Activities – previously distributed.

Both documents are attached.

Share on Social Media
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Colette Heunes
    Participant

Hi Sylvia

I have a question. The training provider that I am currently doing consulting work for is accredited by two SETAs and QCTO. The provider is not registered with DHET, it was not processed with the withdrawal of the Joint Comminique of 2016. Their business model is to provide training to employees employeed in the corporate sector (B2B). The method of delivery is a blended learning approach, distance learning with worksops. The workshops are however offered at the clients venues and we have one class room on campus.

I just want to confirm, is this also applicable to this institution? If so, how would one approach the workshops been offered on client sites, unless we can bring classes onto site where possible and continue with online with others.

I will appreciate your input.
    Thanks
    Kind regards
    Colette Heunes

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thanks for your posting Colette.

I suspect that there is going to be a number of these types of variation on training delivery – depending upon the sector and other operational demands.

I don’t believe that I can provide any definite answer.

But I am assuming that you provide on the clients’ premises for a reason – so that is going to be the key issue – can whatever those circumstances be resolved so that the learners can come onto your site.

Otherwise each of the client sites would then have to comply and you could define them as sub-branches and take all necessary steps as you would on the main site.

That’s just my opinion – I do think that you should try to make contact with the department to obtain a definitive answer.

Good luck – stay safe.

Colette Heunes
    Participant

Thank you Sylvia

Keep well

Kind regards

Colette

Claudia Nicholl
    Participant

Hi Sylvia
    This is just a general email.
    I just want to say thank you for keeping us up-do-date on all kinds of topics.
    Your hard work (and lots of reading) is really appreciated.
    Thank you for keeping us going in these uncertain times.
    Claudia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media